• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Finally a new one

TwilightKing

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
This is my first sig I've ever made using GIMP, I think it turned out pretty well and I needed a new sig for about a year now so here it is

:)

newtksig.jpg

Edit: I just realized I could have pointed at my sig rather than posting the pic again, but oh well

:p

It's not bad but it isn't good. Gandorf (or whatever his name is) doesn't really match the BG or work with it. It just doesn't work against it. I think something more complex looking, and dark might be better. Try moving away from a sprite on a side and the text in the center with a brush in the BG. They aren't bad methods but they don't make great sigs.

Propaganda Man said:
It's not bad but it isn't good. Gandorf (or whatever his name is) doesn't really match the BG or work with it. It just doesn't work against it. I think something more complex looking, and dark might be better. Try moving away from a sprite on a side and the text in the center with a brush in the BG. They aren't bad methods but they don't make great sigs.
Thanks for the advice.

I agree that these are pretty boring sigs, but I just thought I could use some practice getting the feel of Gimp and such to learn what the tools do, etc. So as I fool around more and learn more I'll start getting into more advanced sig making with some better stuff. And it's especially hard with so much studying to do lately <_<

TwilightKing said:
Propaganda Man said:
Thanks for the advice.

I agree that these are pretty boring sigs, but I just thought I could use some practice getting the feel of Gimp and such to learn what the tools do, etc. So as I fool around more and learn more I'll start getting into more advanced sig making with some better stuff. And it's especially hard with so much studying to do lately <_<
I said that assuming you were more experienced with Gimp, sorry

;)

Propaganda Man said:
TwilightKing said:
Propaganda Man said:
Thanks for the advice.

I said that assuming you were more experienced with Gimp, sorry

;)
Oh, no problem, still great advice nonetheless

:)

__daz said:
I like that sig ^_^.

I do computer graphics i suck at those sorta things.

:'(
I like that sig ^_^.

I cant do computer graphics i suck at those sorta things.

:'(

Mod: Please delete the other message i missed some words off and i cant edit it....

Well for a first one yes it is good,

Experimenting is needed to get better, I like filters

:p

Back