• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

First English review from The Telegraph (5/5 stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4135-9919-0984
The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
I skimmed through it but omg I cant wait to catch the fishies!!!! :D

Well a rating of 5 points isn't enough to be accurate, but even if the game is great it doesn't deserve a perfect rating. A lot of little things can still be improved.

Well a rating of 5 points isn't enough to be accurate, but even if the game is great it doesn't deserve a perfect rating. A lot of little things can still be improved.

IMO, that's true for most video games. No game would ever get a perfect score if we judge based only on really small things. Some of my all time favorite video games I can think of small things that would make them even better.

This is why metacritic is such a great tool.

Thank you for posting this. I read the whole thing, and it was spot on. It really was a fantastic review.

A few of my favorite quotes from this review:
-"Besides, the portable format is ideal for squeezing in five minutes here and there"
-"At one stage, I began to suspect an unlikely affair between my snooty ostrich neighbour and that sporty squirrel living on the east side of town"
-"Adults, meanwhile, will appreciate the humour in the script and the maturity inherent in its freeform structure"
-"And the more neighbours your village has, the more you’ll grow attached to the place and to every new resident. Each has their own characteristics and through their habits and routines, and through the many incidental interactions you witness or conversations you share with them they’ll develop a personality that your own projections add nuance to."

A great review, spot on to the New Leaf experience.

Personally, this game will get a 10/10 rating from me.
Scratch that, it already got a 10/10 rating from me and I haven't even touched it.

Not trying to be hostile in any way here, but have you played the game yet? I'm just saying that unless you've played it, it may be a little early to say that it doesn't deserve a perfect rating. I know that it at least looks to be the best Animal Crossing to date, and I'd definitely rate the Gamecube title as one of my all time favorite games.

Edit: Also, thank you, Justin, this is a fantastic find! I've been looking for an English review for this game for weeks haha, I'm so excited for its release!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back