• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

First Gimp Sig

UltraByte

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
@_@ This took me FOREVER..... I'm so used to Photoshop. That, and I tried putting pictures into the sig, and they had white stuff around them that wouldn't come off. So this sucks.

3zh2e75.png

I NEED HELP WITH GIMP!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I looked at a few, and they're all really confusing... I do what they say to do and it ends up not coming out like they said it would! ><

I made a new one, being obsessed with Walkie Talkie Man and all... I like this one a lot... It took me a while to get all the background off the picture. Anybody know an easier way to get rid of backgrounds on pics?

34odoae.png

Ascendancy said:
There are a lot of ways, it's called rendering. What did you do?
Well, id didn't have a white background so it too longer... But with other images, I try the feathering thingy, but it still comes out with white around the edges.

Feathering is only what you do AFTER you render out the image, because sometimes it looks choppy and has places where you missed, so you feather the edges to make it look prettier. I meant what tool did you use to get rid of the background. I am not sure what GIMP has, but I know Photoshop has:

Magic Wand
Lasso Tool
Quick Masking(What I use)
And the Pen Tool.

Back