• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fish, cleaning, and romance. Oh, my!

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
It was a full weekend in both towns, so I'll get right to it.

I decided to chop down the forest around the campsite in Salem. The plantings were too orderly. I'm going to redo it like I have the secret hideaway in Hollowyn; I think it'll look nicer and more natural. I wasn't planning on entering the fishing tourney, since I've already won 3 or 4 trophies, so there was plenty of time.

I took the opportunity to start going through my closet. I had a lot of clothes I never wear and furniture I can re-order at a later date. I did keep anything that is unorderable. I was able to free up some space, so when I start swapping out to change my theme, it should be a bit easier.

Heading over to Hollowyn, I noticed Katie wandering around, but I waited until I had finished my chores before talking to her. Once that was done, I took her to Salem.

Shari sent a thank you for attending her birthday. As the villagers do, she included a present, which I think kind of defeats the purpose of giving them gifts, but once I opened it, I dropped any protest - it was her pic! That makes 3 of my villagers who have given me pictures - Anabelle, Rizzo, and Shari. I'll keep working on the rest.

While I was in Salem, I popped into Tom's and noticed that the brick pavement I wanted for Jett's house was available. He said he'd contact my real estate office and have it available when I got back to town. I sent Jett in to order it, so I'm just waiting on the zen mailbox and everyone's exteriors will be finished.

Sapphire and Emerald did enter the fishing tourney, in part because I was hoping for a silver trophy to catalog, but also because I need to finish the fish series. Unfortunately, the group Chip was giving away is not what I need. I think that might be the last one until fall, so I'll have to wait.

Emerald ended up winning, Sapphire came in second, and Lolly took third. I sold the gold and snagged the silver for my catalog. I guess I should try for a bronze, just to round it out in the fall.

In Salem, Peggy won, with a 3.85 inch bitterling. Guess the drive wasn't too great to compete. Beardo took second, and Hazel had third. I can only imagine what she submitted. A guppy, perhaps? Anyway, I attended the ceremony, since that's what a good mayor should do.

Once it was over, I talked to Beardo, who told me that Vic was thinking of moving. I hurried over to his house and convinced him to stay.

The same happened in Hollowyn, with Eugene telling me that Purrl was planning to leave. It took a while to get her to ping, but I did get some interesting gossip out of her:

View attachment 234908
View attachment 234909

Ooh, they would make a cute couple!

I also managed to convince her not to move.

Attachments

• Eugene and Pekoe a couple.JPG
    Eugene and Pekoe a couple.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 12
  • Eugene and Pekoe not yet.JPG
    Eugene and Pekoe not yet.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 13
I'm sure that Salem's new forest area will look wonderful. Around the campsite is the perfect place!

Congratulations on Shari's pic! I have a few villager pictures as well (but unfortunately not from Tia, who moved out a while ago. Oops). :rolleyes:

More romance in your towns too, I see. ;)

I'm working on a wooded area around my campsite, too! It's rather hard to get the trees scattered out in a seemingly random fashion. I'd like to see how you've done yours in Hollowyn!

I've actually got a large area for that campsite, along with the bonfire and water pump, so there's lots of space to grow a forest.

Beth, the best way to explain how I planted is to say it's like the checkerboard design used for breeding flowers, but with an extra space between horizontal rows. I use flowers to help space it out.

Tree Flower Tree Flower Tree
blank space, no plantings
Flower Tree Flower Tree Flower
blank space, no plantings

I find I can fit a number of trees in that way, and because of the empty row, it doesn't seem to trigger the "nine-space" rule. The best part is that when you stand in front of them, it looks like there are more trees than actually planted, because of the staggered effect. I'll try to get a picture of either the secret hideaway or the new campsite planting so you can see what I mean.

Back