• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Five AC features that need to change in the next game

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Even though I mentioned some of these multiple times in my game ideas, today's entry is going to be about five things that were the same in Animal Crossing since the GameCube version that I hope to see change in the future.

The games have interesting progresses over time. Each game introduces new features or changes old features.

• Since Wild World, you can change your character's hairstyle, Redd has sold counterfeits, Blathers can identify fossils, you were able to breed flowers, and animals were able to grab your attention. And there are still more.
  • Since City Folk, roaches can no longer be caught or donated, grass can decay, you were able to design pro-patterns, holidays were the same, and you can swap out tools quickly.
  • Five traditional features that stayed the same, but changed in New Leaf was how you designed your town, the fruits you can grow, how your house is paid off, what stores you can buy from and who managed them, and the changes in environment as the year goes by. But New Leaf has more.
  • There were also features that stayed the same in all main Animal Crossing games (even in New Leaf), but have been changed since the amiibo update. Five examples of this were how you can shake trees while carrying any tool but the shovel or axe, how you can sit on rocks, how you can control who moves in or not, daily initiatives, and Happy Home Designer-style interior designing.
  • And of course, there were some stuff that never stayed the same or almost never stayed the same. Examples include the limits of going inside Redd's tent, how you obtain the golden axe (which is much easier in New Leaf), the outdoor hourly music, how you learned emotions (which you could never do in the GameCube version), and how Museum exhibits were designed.
However, there are some features since the GameCube Version (heck, even since the N64 version) that not even the amiibo update could change that I feel should be changed. Here's what I'm thinking:

• Museum to have more than four exhibitions - I was thinking that since Wild World, and that sure hasn't changed in New Leaf. I believe it's a high time that this changes. I suggested four more exhibit wings, including gyroids, plants, minerals, and shells. Even they not be ideal since gyroids are too numerous, shells are too few, plants are already found in the bug exhibit, and minerals wouldn't seem as interesting as fossils. But it's my ideas and I would do what I like.
  • Wallet size to reach 999,999 max - Back in the GameCube version, 10,000 Bells was considered a lot since making money was a lot harder as the only big things in-game was to expand your house, which had a debt total of 1,411,200 Bells. For all four houses, it would be 5,644,800 Bells, which is less than how much one house is in New Leaf (not including the secret storage in the amiibo update). But since debts have gotten higher, and since there are more big projects such as PWPs, feather donations, and expensive furniture at GracieGrace, 10,000 Bells is practically nothing, especially since money making has gotten much easier. 10,000 Bells in ACNL is akin to 1,000 Bells in the GameCube Version, as 10,000 Bells in the GameCube Version is akin to 100,000 Bells in ACNL. But Nintendo is still stuck in the bubble where they thought 99,999 Bells is the reasonable wallet size. I can't agree to that anymore, especially since I was used to trading millions of Bells over wi-fi. To speed up the trading process, bell bags and wallet size should exceed 99,000 Bells, but max out at 999,000 Bells. They should also try inflating the Nookling expansion requirements. You only needed to spend 150,000 Bells at Nookway to get Nookington's in the GameCube Version, but 100,000 Bells at T.I.Y. to get an even fancier department store in ACNL. That seems very little, especially compared to Bell Tree Forum's exchange rate.
  • Allow mayor to decide on Nookling expansions - just like how you can ask to remodel your house, there should be an option where you can approve or disapprove of a Nookling expansion. If you approve, there's no going back. If you disapprove, you can still approve later. So if you care about longer hours, you can keep your town's store locked on the convenience store. If you want Gracie furniture or a larger selection to buy from, you can approve of expansions until it becomes a department store.
  • Biomes - one of my favorite original ideas for Animal Crossing. When you start your town, you can choose what biome you want your town to be, which is between a jungle, forest, desert, or tundra. All of them have different grass amounts, weather, items sold, and environmental requirements for perfect town. But all fish, insects, and seafood can be found in your town, with no exceptions.
  • Choosing your hairstyle, eye shape, and eye color at the beginning - you were able to do this in Happy Home Designer, but that was there for a reason. However, I believe you should be able to do this in the next AC game as well. I don't like rushing to get the Hair Salon in the game, and the default hairstyle for the females with the AAA eyes is terrible.

Back