• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Flea Market Prices

eresin

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hey all,

I'm wondering how you know the optimum price to sell things at the Flea Market. I think the price that Reese suggests is really low but when I bump things up a bit my villagers complain that some prices are too high. Is there a general rule of thumb for how much items should go for? (e.g. double Reese's price?), or is there a list somewhere for reference.

Not that I want to bleed my villagers dry or anything :p

I think items are sold at 25% of their market value, for example if something is bought for 100 Bells, it will sell for 25 Bells. With the Flea Market, I usually double the normal selling price, so the villagers are getting a good deal and so am I.

So:
Item Value: 100 Bells
Selling Price: 25 Bells
Flea Market Price: 50 Bells
Villagers get 50% off normal buying price and you get double what you would have got if you sold normally!

I've been wondering this as well! I always put my items up for about 50% higher than the price Reese suggests, give or take. That seems to satisfy my villagers because I always sell at least 1 item a day. I need to start selling fruit in those flea market spaces!

When I put items up for sale at Re-Tail, I reference the item I'm selling in the guidebook, see what the full retail price is and minus like a 100 to 300 bells off that full price. So far all my items have sold without my villagers complaining about the price being too high.

When I put items up, I double the price Reese suggests, rounding it to an even amount. I haven't had any villagers complain about the prices. I even had Roald buy a beehive for 1,000 bells... and he was jumping up and down over the fantastic deal he got!

The main exception to that are the gyroids, which I've priced at 2,000 bells each. Again, I haven't had any complaints and have sold quite a few.

You can sell the gyroids to your villagers for 2,000 a piece? Hmm... I may just have to start doing that! xD

Reese suggests the same price she would buy the item at, which is 25% of its "retail" value. At quadruple that price, I have villagers almost always refuse to buy but very rarely saying yes; at around triple plus change that price, I have the villagers always give me the messages to the sense of "I'll be broke if I buy this, but I'm so tempted" but they also always accept when I tell them to go for it. At just double what Reese suggests, I think the villagers will always agree to buy and always give you the message about it being a good deal. I don't know if the margin they but at has an effect on their happiness, so you can play it safe if you want, but I also price things at what I'd like players visiting my village to pay and settling for around the triple of the suggestion seems to be a happy balance for me.

Back