• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Flower color schemes

Sdj4148

Coffee isnt my cup of tea
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Winter Mittens
Yellow Candy
In my second town, I want to use almost every flower. But with certain areas having different color schemes of flowers. What 2-3 flowers look good with each other? It doesn't have to be purely hybrid flowers or purely normal flowers, a mix should be good. And the flowers will stay the same all seasons, so they don't have to be 'winter-themed' or 'fall-themed' or etc.

I like mixing same-colored flowers from different types. Easy for bigger areas and looks quite nice.

Some combinations from my town:
• white tulips and roses with black tulips and roses
• pink roses with pink lilies and orange roses and black cosmos (more like two of each in an area, still, looks nice)
• white lilies and jacob's ladder
• red pansies, orange pansies and yellow pansies, with a touch of orange tulips and black lilies
• black roses with blue roses
• orange lilies with blue pansies and blue violets
• black tulips with red tulips

these are the ones I have until now (-:

I quite like having lots of the same colour but different breeds together. It feels a bit different.

The few flower color combi that I like are:
- Black and white roses
- Orange and black cosmos
- Blue and pink roses

I think they go nice together :)

The color combinations I most like are:

Pink+Red roses
Pink+White roses
Pink+Purple roses
Purple+White roses
(Or some combination of the above).

I'm also fond of orange and yellow cosmos, pink and red tulips, and orange and yellow / orange and red pansies.

The ones I like:

Pink & Orange
Blue & Pink
White & Purple
Black & Blue
White & Pink
Red & Orange
Yellow & Orange

I've experiemented a bit, and my favourite are blue pansies and Jacob's ladder together :)

White looks good with anything! :) Especially when the "white" versions of non-hybrid flowers look sort of purple, as with pansies and such. You could always put white pansies or white violets together with white roses and white carnations and it would end up looking like a very cute pale pastel white and lavender sort of thing.

White looks good with anything! :) Especially when the "white" versions of non-hybrid flowers look sort of purple, as with pansies and such. You could always put white pansies or white violets together with white roses and white carnations and it would end up looking like a very cute pale pastel white and lavender sort of thing.

That is a really lovely idea! I love the idea of a town with all white flowers.

Pink and orange lilies look good

white lilies and white pansies (with the purple centre) are very nice together as well.

I really like how black roses and Jacob's ladders look together... it's probably just the contrast though.

I'm planning on using pink and yellow roses and lilies.

Also, I learned from HHD that white roses and white lilies look wonderful together.

The colors I'm using for my town are pink, white, and purple. I'm not organizing them in any sort of fashion throughout the town, except for a few areas where I have public works projects on display, but other than that, I'm just randomly placing them to where the same species of flower isn't next to itself. I like what it looks like so far. ^^

Back