• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Font Instructions for GIMP

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Okay people...I guess I've had this font problem with GIMP for too long...

I'll give 400 forum bells (possibly more) to whoever can clearly explain to me how to download new fonts to GIMP. It has to be extremely clear and prefferably step-by-step...

Pretend like your talking to a 3 year old...thats how not-understanding I am of all this. >_<

Thanks to anyone that tries...

EDIT: Oops didn't see SL's post. Oh well...

A. Go to dafont.com

B. Pick a font that you like.

C. Click "Download for PC/Mac OS"

D. Click "Save"

E. Save to your desktop.

F. When the Download is complete, right-click on it and choose "Extract" or "Unzip"

G. Choose to extract it to your desktop.

H. If the extraction is in a new folder: Click once on the font file. Click "Move This File" in the left panel. Choose: C/Windows/Fonts depending on your hard disk location. Click move.

G. In the extraction is to your desktop: Open "My Computer" Click the "Up Folder" button at the top. Click on the font file in the main screen. Click "Move This File" in the left panel. Choose: C/Windows/Fonts and click move.

I. Re-open GIMP. It should be there.

I think that's it. Hope it helps.

Zelandonia said:
EDIT: Oops didn't see SL's post. Oh well...

A. Go to dafont.com

B. Pick a font that you like.

C. Click "Download for PC/Mac OS"

D. Click "Save"

E. Save to your desktop.

F. When the Download is complete, right-click on it and choose "Extract" or "Unzip"

G. Choose to extract it to your desktop.

H. If the extraction is in a new folder: Click once on the font file. Click "Move This File" in the left panel. Choose: C/Windows/Fonts depending on your hard disk location. Click move.

G. In the extraction is to your desktop: Open "My Computer" Click the "Up Folder" button at the top. Click on the font file in the main screen. Click "Move This File" in the left panel. Choose: C/Windows/Fonts and click move.

I. Re-open GIMP. It should be there.

I think that's it. Hope it helps.
That's exactly what my movie shows, just in a different way. I went to DaFont, downloaded it, opened the folder, extracted it, and moved the extracted font file into C:/Windows/Fonts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvF2FAhgezA

Shadow_] [quote="Gengar said:
The video isn't workin', Shadow...

:unsure:
<big><big><big><big><big>OBJECTION!</big></big></big></big></big><big><big>

It is so. </big></big>[/quote]<big><big>
<big><big><big>HOLD IT!</big></big></big><big><big>

You're right. It is now.

:p

I'll be sure to test it later tonight, along with Zel's method.

Thanks a lot, guys.

^_^ </big></big></big>

Yeah, it might be a bit confusing because I did it from the folders, and Zel did the easier going to the desktop thing.

Back