• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

For those who have a Japanese copy of the game

kyasarin

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I had asked my friend who is visiting here to bring me a Japanese copy. She got it off Amazon.jp for a discounted price. When I inserted the cartridge on my 3ds XL and turn on the system its unfortunately not reading the game (there's just a blank space on the box). Has anyone of you experienced this issue?

Thanks so much!

Nintendo has region-locked their more recent portable systems since DSi came out. If you want to play that game so bad, purchase a new Japanese 3DS (it should obviously has Japanese on it). Sure, it'll cost you a lot of money, but it's nice having a different library of games exclusive to that region (Fantasy Life, Tomodachi Collection: New Life, E.X. Troopers to name a few).

Yes, unfortunately Nintendo has the 3DS system region-locked. :( Sucks because there are a lot of Japanese 3DS games I would love to own already, and could easily order off the internet, but I wouldn't even be able to play them! Hopefully these other games come out in North America soon (like Fantasy Life, UGH!)

Back