• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Fujimori and Gracey Weekend (5/30-6/2/19)

2kimi2furious

Sleepy Bear
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Ancient Candle
Jack
Voodoo Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
I got a lot done in real life this weekend and not so much Animal Crossing. I believe I've mentioned before that my husband and I are trying to fix up our house and sell it. My little pet project has been fixing up the guest bathroom. It is a small room with a lot of dark colors which makes it seem smaller than it is. So I re-did the bathroom sink, painted the cabinets, and painted the walls. It looks so good now. And I did all of it without my husband's help! The only thing he did was change out the sink fixture for me because I couldn't get the screws to come out. But I'm very proud of it and very proud of myself!

Still trucking along. I managed to pay off my second home loan. I believe Tom Nook is currently in the process of building me a second floor. Alts are all still living in tents. I wonder if I should build their houses first, though, since they aren't going to be getting the full expansion. I might actually do that. I'll start with Ezra since he's just going to have the small 6 x 6 house.

I was finally able to pick a public ordinance. I went with Bell Boom so I can earn more money faster. I'm already starting to notice a difference, even if it's only a few extra bells here and there. It really goes a long way.

More importantly, I've also placed my first PWP! I'm building a second cobblestone bridge in town. I think, like Fujimori, Gracey is going to only be a two-bridge town. There's really no use for a third one with the map I have. The only other place I would even consider putting it is blocked by Ezra's house. So no deal. I haven't managed to pay for the bridge yet, tho, so the gyroid is still there collecting donations. I don't plan to play in Gracey again until Wednesday or Thursday, so I'm interested in seeing how little my ungrateful villagers will have donated, lol.

Since I'm low on bells in this town, I believe I'm going to alternate with home expansions and PWPs. Since I just paid off William's home loan, I'm going to focus on paying off the bridge next. It'll help break up the monotony and let me get a few PWPs here and there before my houses are built.

I think after I get this bridge built, the next PWPs I'm going to build is some street lamps. I plan to either collect or make some tombstones so I can build the Gracey family graveyard behind William's house. I usually build the fence and put tombstones in that, but I saw someone mention on a forum about just surrounding an open area with bushes and flanking it with an arch or something to denote the entrance. I like that idea... I can get a larger cemetery that way. Gracey is an old family, after all, so they'll need a lot of stones.

Professor Shrunk came to my town with a petition. I managed to get six villagers to agree to having a club, so that will hopefully go up soon. I'm excited to start collecting emotes for them. Not that I will use them, but I like taking TPC pictures with appropriate facial expressions, lol.

That's about it for Gracey. Again, it feels like I spend a lot of time in that town working on things, only to not have a lot of information to share. I suppose because most of that time is spent trying to earn bells, which is boring to write about.

OH! I did go to the island! I got coconuts to bring back to my town and a lot of expensive bugs. That's how I paid for my house, lol. I don't think I'm going to focus on doing island tours in this game because doing them (or trying to make myself do them) in one town is bad enough. I just really hate them, lol.

I was so pumped when I booted up my game and found a Jacob's Ladder growing near a cliff's edge!!!! I'VE GOT A PERFECT TOWN FINALLY, Y'ALL. Building that log bench was apparently the thing that pushed me over to perfect status and I am ELATED.

So naturally, the first thing I did was give my town hall a face lift. That should be done tonight. I need to start letting people come into town so that I can get the train station changed too. Then I think I'm mostly done with the big PWPs. I'm going to place a second bonfire in town near the cliff by the southern beach and I've still got to find a place for my zen clock, but that's it. After that, it's basically just a waiting game until Walt suggests the wooden bridge.

I've still got tons of landscaping to do regarding bushes, flowers, and extra paths, but the big stuff is mostly done! I'm excited! I'm tempted to upload my dream address even though I've still got some villagers that I need to move. It's just becoming such a pretty town, and I'm proud that I've worked so hard to get it that way.

Walt keeps pinging me for stupid things and it is annoying the crap out of me. I want my bridge, but he just wants me to tell him he looks handsome. And I get it, I love him and I do want him to know that he is a very handsome kangaroo, but a girl can only take so much! GIVE ME MY BRIDGE!

Speaking of pings, Marcel tried to ping me to move out and I got angry. No, you are a permanent resident of Fujimori and you will deal with it. Chops then pinged me to move out and I'm pretty excited. His house is in the middle of a path AND I think he's gross/annoying. He'll be leaving on the 12th. My villagers are apparently all very worried about him leaving and I wish they would quit talking about it. But there's no "shut up about Chops!" dialogue option.

All last night, I tried very desperately to catch a tarantula. No luck, unfortunately. They seem to not want to spawn. I know I have a while to catch one, but I wanted to get it over and done with so I could complete my encyclopedias fast. :(

I GOT THE GOLDEN SLING SHOT. I actually missed my chance to get the silver one because I didn't have my slingshot with me and it never showed up again. But while playing this weekend, I got the golden balloons and I flipped out. Now I just have to earn my balloon badge and I can stop carrying that thing around.

I feel like I haven't earned a badge in a while. I'm going to have to have words with Phineas.

That's about all I accomplished in Fujimori. I think I played more in Gracey this weekend.

That's about it! See y'all when I see y'all.

Back