• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Splatoon Funny moments in Splatoon

Zulehan

The New Architect
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Yellow Pansy
Father's Day Carnation
Candy Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Blue Balloon
Fair Pinwheel
Togepi Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Fair Pinwheel
There have been a lot of laugh-out-loud moments for me, but I will just describe a somewhat amusing example that occurred a few minutes ago, and made me think to post this topic.

So I was just playing some turf wars mostly to experiment with the Nosslenose before practicing more with the Octobrush. And in one match as the Octo the map given was Blackbelly Skatepark. There was a player camping on the 'tower' at the center of the map so I went up there as a Kraken, and then just sat there as a Kraken. I assumed the player ran away. But turns out he was right next to me the whole time: all of a sudden, while I'm still Kraken, he makes a break for it and jumps off the ledge. My reaction was like, 'Ooh!,' and I of course went after and killed him before he could get all the way down.

Heh.

I like to sit around as a Kraken whenever I feel like my 'prey' escaped, but I guess in this case it turned out to be a high level strat. ;)

So how about you guys? What amusing things happened to you while playing, whether in turf wars, ranked, or even local multiplayer?

Last edited:
Pretty sure a few times when I've killed someone, I had started teabagging and then fallen of the edge. Also when I use the inkbrush and use a bubbler and try to kill someone but they shoot me away.

Last edited:
I jumped off a ledge once with a roller and whacked someone on the head but they used a bubbler as I did so. Then they started shooting me and I tried whacking them again thinking I would lose so why not put up a fight. I hit them front on and it knocked them off the ledge. I died a bit xD

Also when you sj to someone and it knocks them off as you land..

Once in ranked mode for rainmaker, we were at Flounder Hights and I was the first to grab the rainmaker and I went strait to the winning spot and won so fast, they probably didn't know what happened lol And another time, me and my brother were at Camp Triggerfish in rainmaker, I grabbed the rainmaker and he was using the paintbrush and I followed in the line of the paint brush and got to the goal (Whatever the winning spot thing is called lol) and we won pretty fast xD

1 time in Splat Zones everyone on the other team disconnected and 2 members from my team disconnected. So it was me and 1 other guy messing around for 4 minutes before inking the zone. XD

So someone again reacted oddly to me sitting around as Kraken, heh. Turf wars on Flounder Heights. On top of the apartment building between the gap. Roller tries to get me so I turn Kraken; he has the right reaction and runs away. But his friend stays right beside me and keeps shooting, stops for a few seconds and sees me still sitting there... and shoots me some more. So I killed him, ha.

Oh yeah, that comment above reminded me about this other time that I was at Port Mackerel in regular mode, and everyone on the other side got disconnected and 2 people from my team also, so me and this other person just inked the whole stage lol

Could have been the time on Rainmaker on Bluefin depot where as soon as someone got the Rainmaker, they fell in the sea within the next thirty seconds.

Or maybe that time on Turf war where everyone except me disconnected so I was just left to wander around the pitch.

I also had an experience with a player called Bryan something. He followed me everywhere, I went. He had a charger and I had a roller
so he would have to super jump every minute. When I called to me,
he super jumped to another player and followed them around. All we did for the rest of the match was call to me so this Bryan kid would super jump to someone else. We lost that match so badly!

Once in ranked mode for rainmaker, we were at Flounder Hights and I was the first to grab the rainmaker and I went strait to the winning spot and won so fast, they probably didn't know what happened lol And another time, me and my brother were at Camp Triggerfish in rainmaker, I grabbed the rainmaker and he was using the paintbrush and I followed in the line of the paint brush and got to the goal (Whatever the winning spot thing is called lol) and we won pretty fast xD

I did that in the kelp dome. I just grabbed the rainmaker and walked over the grating to their side... And NO ONE followed me. The funny thing was, I did that with several different groups of people. If I tried to do it to the same people more than once, they would already figure out my method and splat me. :p

I don't have the game, so I don't have any funny moments of my own.

But I do remember seeing something on Tumblr once where all of the players on BOTH teams were doing some sort of squid march. XD

I've done stupid things like that! :D

And it wasn't a private battle. You just gotta find the right people. :p

Lol something really funny happened today. I was battling, and our team won so well that all we did was wait at the other team's spawn point and splatted them as they came down. It was hilarious to picture their reactions

Once I was playing in the towers map, and it was just me on my team, and a guy with a charger on the other. It was kinda fun doing a 1-on-1 online heh

Today I was practicing with the E-Liter and the map was Blackbelly Skatepark. I was trying to get on the tower and there was a guy with an E-Liter already up there, and we saw each other and started charging our weapons and I hit him JUST before he hit me.

There was this girl called "Yuki" who just where doing kid jumps...39-0
Another moment is when i was playing with the inkbrush and suddenly this guy starts bumping me with his inkbrush and i started bumping too Killed him c:<

Last edited:
Just now I had a match at Saltspray Rig. I was standing on the platforms above that rectangle in between the bases, but right below the platoforms is just nothing, and if you fall it'll kill you. Anyway I was standing there sniping the other team with my E-Liter and this kid (on my team) comes up next to me and just keeps jumping. I had no clue why, I assumed she was cheering me on or something and although I'd rather her be inking the map elsewhere there wasn't much I could do. So I just ignored her, which was a big mistake, because she kept jumping and she pushed me off the platform, killing me. And then she just walked away.
I have no idea why she did that to her own teammate, I guess she thought it was funny?

Last edited:
Back