• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Game isn't saving data correctly?

eeveepony

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hey all, I have a major problem with my game and I really hope someone can help. I haven't been able to find anything regarding it online anywhere.

Since yesterday, my game isn't saving data right. I got a haircut at Shampoodle, saved my game a bit later and closed my DS and left it on the charger. Came back to it to find the old haircut still there but the money I used removed from my bell account.

I also finished paying for a public work project (to the tune of 80k bells). Saved it before I quit and when I turned it back on, it didn't detect the money was given to Lloyd but it showed the money removed from my bell account.

Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do to fix this? I'm freaking out :(

It could be a glitch. Are you using a downloaded version, have you been duping?
I've been duping my bushes, and that already caused my game to glitch when I want to plant fruits. Sometimes I won't get the option to bury them, or I can only hold 6 in a basket. It's not a big deal though.

No duping or anything. I downloaded it from Nintendo Store back in early-mid June and this is the first time it's having this issue :(. I haven't done anything different or anything. Just happened out of the blue :(

Downloaded copies of new leaf seem to be having a lot of issues. I see a lot people saying that their files are being corrupted, and it's almost always people with the downloaded copy. You might have to e-mail Nintendo of how to fix it or if there's a way to back-up your save.

You can back-up your game by placing the SD card into your PC or a card reader connected to the PC and copying the data into a folder, but it must be done every time you have finished playing/saved. As soon as the game is played again, the backed up data is no longer good.

Maybe contact Nintendo (and backup your data) to see if deleting ACNL and redownloading it would help. If you backup your data, it might keep your save file safe if you do this, but I'm not 100% sure, which is why it might be best to consult Nintendo first. I'm not even sure if that would help fix things. :c

Thanks guys :)

I'll give them a call tomorrow I guess. This game is what I'm relying on to keep me sane right now and this is rather frustrating D:

Back