• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Games You Regret Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Monster Hunter series but I have to admit that the MH3 is not a good game to start with, I bought it for the 3DS because I wanted to have all the games but I played it for less than 15 hours. The quests are boring and the graphics are so gray-ish that they make me not excited at all to play. I started with MH4U and it was pure love though.

Yeah, same. I bought it too because I was curious and I heard good stuff but yeah it was a bit too hardcore for my taste and yeah the graphics were clearly either rushed or not made for the 3ds.. 4U is better but idek I never got into the series.

And well lots of digital stuff for my 3ds that I never played or just ragequitted...

The elder scrolls online for ps4. I thought it was going to be much different and ended up not liking it... Though i did like the fact you could have a pet, but disliked the monetary system for purchasing them.

Last edited:
N3: Ninety-Nine Nights. I wanted to play this game ever since I saw it on TV in 2006, but I only got an Xbox 360 this year. The game is garbage, the voice acting is awful, and the gameplay is very clunky. Thank God I only played $4 for that (it's not worth a penny, though).

minecraft and bravely default, i remember only buying minecraft because everyone literally everyone i knew played. once i bought it i immediately stopped playing after 2 days. bravely default is too hard and confusing i thought it was gonna be a game like harvest moon but damn i was wrong.

Need for Speed 2015. It has a lot of potential, but the developers borked its physics system - weird physics, glitches, and poor game design decisions all around. Only bought because friends play it and we thought that we were going to have tons of fun in that game... nope!

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. Extremely overbearing scripting and flying do not mix well. At all. It has nice soundtrack, though!

Lastly, Asphalt 8. It was 1 USD back when it first came out during the heydays of mobile gaming, but then turned into freemium pay-to-win travesty. The kicker? It was a legitimately fun racer.

minecraft and bravely default, i remember only buying minecraft because everyone literally everyone i knew played. once i bought it i immediately stopped playing after 2 days. bravely default is too hard and confusing i thought it was gonna be a game like harvest moon but damn i was wrong.
Sorry to ask, but what exactly made you think Bravely Default was a Harvest Moon type of game? They're entirely different genres.

MTV Celebrity Deathmatch on Playstation. It doesn't do the TV show justice.

sosod1 said:
bravely default is too hard and confusing i thought it was gonna be a game like harvest moon but damn i was wrong.

They're two different genres. Bravely Default is an RPG and Harvest Moon is a life simulator.

Bravely Default happens to be one of my favorite 3DS titles.

Last edited:
Sorry to ask, but what exactly made you think Bravely Default was a Harvest Moon type of game? They're entirely different genres.

a lot of the the blogs i followed that were animal crossing/harvest moon related started playing bravely default so i stupidly assumed it was one of those kinds of games so i went ahead and bought it without doing any research.

a lot of the the blogs i followed that were animal crossing/harvest moon related started playing bravely default so i stupidly assumed it was one of those kinds of games so i went ahead and bought it without doing any research.

I'd recommend Stardew Valley, if you haven't already checked it out.

For me, Paper Mario: Sticker Star was a disappointment. Barely got 10 hours on it in well over a year.

yeah i agree with bravely default, stupidly enough i bought it digital too ew :/ relies way too much on streetpass/friend crap and the story is just confusing.

Last edited:
I bought a lot of games during the summer steam sale which I haven't played. I just keep playing one game! I don't necessarily regret buying them, I just don't know if I'll every play them ; v ;

yeah i agree with bravely default, stupidly enough i bought it digital too ew :/ relies way too much on streetpass/friend crap and the story is just confusing.
Same, I also bought it digital. I did beat it, but only because I forced myself to. I was already really bored of the game about halfway through.
I found the story rather predictable though. Many of the twists I already saw coming from a mile away, they were really unoriginal.

It's also one of the games due to which I made the decision to just buy physical as much as possible, in case I ended up not liking a game.

Same, I also bought it digital. I did beat it, but only because I forced myself to. I was already really bored of the game about halfway through.
I found the story rather predictable though. Many of the twists I already saw coming from a mile away, they were really unoriginal.

It's also one of the games due to which I made the decision to just buy physical as much as possible, in case I ended up not liking a game.

Yeah, they messed up the distribution here really bad like most other Japanese games not being Pok?mon so I had to get it digital but yeah regrets, lol. And yeah I try to get physical as well, there is always some store that will buy it from you...

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know. Seriously boring, repetitive game. I got tired of it after three levels and haven't played since.

Sticker Star. Bought it a while ago and quit lol. Had to replay Thousand Year Door to feel real Paper Mario again. Playing Superstar Saga now and despite being 13 years old, have no regrets at all. Its a fun adventure.

I'm so sorry if this angers anyone, but I didn't really like wild world :( The graphics were just terrible and there were very little festivals. I played for about a year, but then I just gave up and sold it. I did enjoy City Folk and Population Growing though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back