• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Get Upset At This?

Zanessa

ZanessaGaily>Zanessa
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Tasty Cake
Pavé
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Dark Easter Egg
Candy Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
When a villager moves out, don't you hate it when all they send is a letter? I've helped you so much, Walker. At least give me your picture so I don't feel angry or sad about letting you go. -.-

i hated hopper but i wanted his pic so i could collect them but he didnt send me anything im like wtf you randomly came to my house give me your pic

axel gave me his pic when he moved tho so yay

That's why I don't let them go until I have gained their picture. Maelle gave me her pic and sent one with her going away letter. That way, if they don't send one, I can attach the one I have to their letter and store it in the post office.

Yea I was a complete saint to Cally and no picture. Might as well said welp thanks for all the cherries and fish, I'm off to find someone other chump mayor to feed me. No class Cally, no class. But I might be bitter, who knowss

Yes!!! This happens to me a lot as I've never gotten a pic before lol. I only tried SO hard with Fuchsia, sent her mail everyday, did every stupid favor she had, gave her customized furniture etc and still only a letter when she moved. I've basically given up at this point

Yeah... Wanted Willow's pic but she didn't give me one. :( I want her back someday though... only let her move since she was in my Cafe spot.

Nope - just wanted them out of my town. I probably will be when I get Broffina and Deena to leave if they don't though.

Last edited:
I've never been close enough friends with any of the villagers I've allowed to leave my town for them to have given me their pictures, so no, not really. And if I do want a certain villager's picture, I don't mind letting them hang out in my town for a while until I do get it.

The friendship level has to be very high in order for them to send you their pic after leaving. (i.e. they write you letters with presents constantly, they give you furniture and clothing at random times, the invite you to their house or come to yours unexpectedly a lot)

The friendship level has to be very high in order for them to send you their pic after leaving. (i.e. they write you letters with presents constantly, they give you furniture and clothing at random times, the invite you to their house or come to yours unexpectedly a lot)

This happened. He came to my house a lot, I gave him a lot of things.. .-.

absolutely! all those times where i sold them nice furniture for like 200 bells a pop (their life savings...whatever) or did trades where i came off worse, and that wasn't good enough to get a picture?

When Colton moved out, i got 2 pictures from him 1 day before he left & from the letter he gave me after he moved out. Even though i only gave him a short letter like, "Hi there!" everyday.

Last edited:
i was never close to quillson, yet he sent me his picture when he moved out. i've been trying to move him out since day one. ignoring him and whatnot. i only talked to him when he dinged. so maybe it's not always how high your friendship level is with that villager?

The only villagers I let intentionally move out are those I don't want in my town, so it's usually not a big deal that I don't really get anything from them in return, since they're ignored 95-99% of the time anyways.

I suppose it would be nice if you could get pictures from some of them, though.

The only person who's moved out and sent me a picture is Shari and she was one of my faves [I lost her in a TT accident, not intentionally]. I thought me and Mint were reasonably close and she never sent me a picture.

I've gotten pics from villagers that move--but only those villagers who have already given me their photo. If a villager already gave me a self portrait, I'll get another one when they move. If they haven't given me a picture before they move, they don't give me one when they move, either.

What bothers me more is that once a villager is gone, everyone else has total amnesia about the villager that left. Before the villager moves out, all the rest of them are so concerned that so-and-so is moving. His or her potential departure is the central piece of gossip in town for the five days leading up to the move. Then the villager moves, the house plot is gone, and none of the other villager ever says another word about them ever again. I find it very creepy.

Then a new villager moves in. On the day the house is built, everyone talks about a new person moved into town. Then, the very next day, it's as if the new vllager has been there for years and the rest of the villagers want me to return things they borrowed from the new villager some time ago. Even the new villager completely forgets that they just moved in. I mean, I've had the Beautiful town Ordinance in effect for the last three months. Why, when you just moved into town yesterday, are you telling me how much cleaner you find the town now? You just got here! You've never seen it any other way!

Most of my villagers that have left I didn't like!
Wolfgang sent me his pic
I don't want Kitt to go though without me having her pic and she is leaving on the 7th!

What bothers me more is that once a villager is gone, everyone else has total amnesia about the villager that left. Before the villager moves out, all the rest of them are so concerned that so-and-so is moving. His or her potential departure is the central piece of gossip in town for the five days leading up to the move. Then the villager moves, the house plot is gone, and none of the other villager ever says another word about them ever again. I find it very creepy.

LOL!

Btw, to give my own personal input. I got 3 villager pics from villagers I hadn't yet gotten them from already. I had these villagers in my town for at LEAST a month of playtime, no TT'ing (this was before i gave in to TT'ing). Surprisingly enough, I did way more favors for them then I ever did send letters. They were the villagers I sent the least letters to and yet I still got their pics in the mail when they moved.

Back