• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Splatoon Grand Festival

Which team did you choose?

• Total voters

Muna

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Heart Balloon
Fresh Heart Balloon
Rainbow Heart Balloon
Glam Heart Balloon
Hot Heart Balloon
Pink Heart Balloon
Cyan Heart Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
Green Heart Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
S3_Splatfest_Past_vs_Present_vs_Future.png

Which team did you choose for the Grand Festival? What is the reason behind your choice? Did you simply answer the question or did you choose your favourite idol group? Mix of both? Or maybe something completely else?

Also what do you think about this special Splatfest? How do you like the festival venue? Are you having fun? Let us know your thoughts!

I chose team Present based only on the idol group supporting it. Usually I'm without strong opinion and kinda indifferent to the Splatfests themes so most of the times I'm choosing best color. But when Off the Hook got involved I had to vote for them. Splatoon 2 was my first game in the series and I feel strong connection to the duo. Squid Sisters are fine, I like them, Deep Cut to be honest not very much, so the choice was very easy.

My opinions after day one: The new map for the festival is amazing! It's so well done, has so many little details and it's really fun just to walk around or stop by at concerts. And I really like that the music that plays after the battle depends on the winning team, so cool!
Cons: Too many mirrors. But hey, that means team Present Off the Hook is the most popular ✨

Chose Team Past! :] Tbh when the news of grand festival dropped, I wasn't fully sold on any of the teams since I liked them more or less equally. Was initially gonna choose Team Present so I could play with friends hehe. Then I thought maybe Team Future because I like Deep Cut as well.

Then Three Wishes dropped. And I absolutely cried when Callie and Marie sung their parts. That was what sold me on Team Past, despite never having played Splatoon 1.

The way the duo sang about nothingness at the beginning, then soon a small light came that gradually shone brighter... about planting tiny seeds in the hopes they would grow into something so meaningful to a lot of people... and here we are standing strong almost a decade later because they set the precedence.

Did you think back then we'd be here? Guiding others in our shoes?
Tiny, tiny seeds, left on the trail, someday to bloom.

I'm personally a person who looks fondly at the past — sometimes the present and the future are overwhelming, I feel I'm not moving forward nor improving, but when I remember the past I realize how far I've come... it's by looking at the past that I get to realize that little steps are still steps forward. Whatever happened in the past shaped me to who I am today. And for my past self, the little kid who used to dream, I can say, "I did it. I hope I made you proud."

A message to us from far in the past, saying, "Shine on!"

And I absolutely love how at the end of Three Wishes, it's Callie and Marie who sing, and it absolutely gets me everytime knowing they were there at the very beginning, and they were there at the end of the song, too. And think about it — they've seen the main characters changing over time. They were there to support everyone.

Here we stand in time—endless past, present, and future span.
Our wishes are the flame that lights up history.
All life here is one—intermingled in the hourglass.

And they end the song by stating that, despite the march of time, this feeling will last forever.

No start, no end, it lasts for all eternity.

So yeah. Three Wishes solidified my love for the Squid Sisters. I'm probably the only one on TBT who chose Team Past, but I don't have any regrets at all. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. 🐙🐙

I chose Team Present solely based off my friend's choice because I want to play with her. If I had to choose on my own, I would probably pick Team Future, because I like Big Man, lol. I've only played Splatoon 3, so I don't have much connection to the previous idols but I like them pretty much all equally.

I like the design of the venue. It's kind of like a Burning Man or Coachella area but more Mad Max post-apocalyptic scene. On the Official Twitter accounts, they mislead me to believe that the stalls were interactable and that would've been such a cool feature if you could actively buy the merch: different food buffs or things for your locker.

The matches are kind of hard but I haven't played awhile; so I needed to warm-up a bit and figure out my play style. Now I'm up to a good high-kill count again with everyone trying to murder me, lol. 🪦

I chose past. Kids these days... don't know their history, I dare say!

IMG_3666.gif

Lol jk, I mainly chose it for the color.

I haven't actually tried playing. I don't really enjoy the multiplayer. I'm just watching the in-game concerts, lol.
I voted in the poll anyway, though.

I took Team Present because my dear friends wanted to take it and I usually prefer playing with them than going for my own choice (which, in this scenario, would be Team Past).

i chose team present because as always, my decision is swayed by the team colours rather than what the actual teams are 😆 i played a little bit earlier this morning and really enjoyed seeing all the different concerts taking place! everything looks so cool!

i didn't play splatoon 3 much, i have barely over 100 hours in it as opposed to over 2k in splatoon 2 and probably over 1k in splatoon 1. but i am here for the final fest, on team present solely to support off the hook! it was an instant choice haha — no competiton.

i really love the venue. it is super cute how you are painted with color as soon as you enter & you're finally able to cheer/dance while watching the idols! i still wish you could purchase food to hold and such, but oh well x)

this is probably the only splatfest in splat3 that i enjoyed, so that is a plus haha. the rest were so painful that i just stopped playing altogether for well over a year.

overall i think this is the best event that has been held in a splatoon game.

I thought past was going to be red violet m, so why are we yellow? :[

The Grand Festival is over now, but I was on team present! I was torn between team present and team future at first, but the main reason I chose team present in the end was because of the team color to be honest. I enjoyed exploring the map. It was really cute, and I loved the colorful ink. I didn't get to play quite as much as I wanted to though because I had a migraine on Saturday. I played as much as I could today to make up for it though.

Congrats to team past! 🥳

Team Past actually won. I honestly thought Team Present was going to win this one but we came through 🥳

Team Present since I decided it was the most personally meaningful theme for me. I played just enough to get to Ruler. The venue was amazing, loved the rainbow ink, and I listened to Three Wishes so much 🦑

Back