• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Grasswear rumor?

mallywa

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Cake
Small Mailbox
3 Envelopes
User Title Color Change
By now we all know that if you plant flowers over patches of dirt (specifically the ones wear grass has worn off, as I know there are certain dirt patches that first came with your town) and water them, the grass will go back, but I've heard a rumor that if you walk over the flowers planted on the patch at any time, it cancels out any effect it would have on the grasswear. Does anyone know if this is true? I get super paranoid walking over any of my flowers now, which is a pain because some flower patches I have are so big that I need to be able to walk on them to water them! I have a lot of grasswear because I used run everywhere, and I've been trying really hard to get certain patches to return to normal, but I've barely seen any improvements and I'm wondering if this is why.

oh, i have the golden can? does that have any effect on the grasswear?

- - - Post Merge - - -

OH no pff I totally blanked out there. Yeah, I mean, I have patches of flowers even bigger than nine.

Well then, why don't you only put flowers on the edges and slowly work your way in?

And bigger than 9? WOW. XD

I'm always surprised I haven't gotten the flower fan rumor because I have a LOT of flowers. xD And anyway, that's the thing with the golden can too - while it can be used for patches of nine, you have to water the middle flower out of the nine to get the full effect so it requires me to walk into the patch anyway!

Butyeah, I'm figuring it out. Mostly I've just been curious, especially as I haven't heard the rumor from anyone else.

I will say that to make grass grow back, you don't even need flowers or to water. You just need to not walk on those spots. I have a spot by my house that I have intentionally not walked on and the grass is growing back. I haven't done anything else special. I also did accidentally walk on it one time and it doesn't seem to be impacting the grass growing back. It probably would have if I kept walking on it though.

So if you're trying to grow grass back but keep walking on that spot to water flowers, it probably won't be able to grow back very easily, if at all.

I will say that to make grass grow back, you don't even need flowers or to water. You just need to not walk on those spots. I have a spot by my house that I have intentionally not walked on and the grass is growing back. I haven't done anything else special. I also did accidentally walk on it one time and it doesn't seem to be impacting the grass growing back. It probably would have if I kept walking on it though.

So if you're trying to grow grass back but keep walking on that spot to water flowers, it probably won't be able to grow back very easily, if at all.

The problem is, grass wear occurs more on patches that are walked on a lot. For example, I have a patch next to one of my bridges that I just cannot get to grow back even though it's covered in flowers.

The problem is, grass wear occurs more on patches that are walked on a lot. For example, I have a patch next to one of my bridges that I just cannot get to grow back even though it's covered in flowers.
Each town also has several permanent dirt patches that will never go away.

what DJStarstryker said
I have a spot near the old bridge (I changed the location of bridge) which has become dirt now, I don't either have flowers there or use watering can, but when I checked back a few days ago there was a small patch of grass growing

ive heard that and i gues it does make sense.. how do you expect your grass to grow if you keep walking on it? just plant the flowers and let them be!

I think it's true. I used to walk over my flowers to water them, but the grass never grew back. Switching to the Beautiful Town oridincance helped.
I also time travelled to 2050 before deleting my town and I still had some dirt patches, probably known as dead spots.

Back