[Guide] Cycling & Cycling Towns ➝ (UPDATED 12/6/16)

Just a random question, how many times have you restarted your cycle town?

I've done it like 3 times, and I reallllly want to again.. but it's such a hassle/time consumer ;_;
I swear this one is glitched though, I keep getting the same 20ish tier 6 villagers.. with a random tier 3-4 once in a while. I decided to start keeping track two days ago and yep, confirmed it. Also, I get the same camper like 3 times in a row (I always check it) then they show up in my town a couple cycles later...

Sounds crazy but would you reset in this situation or maybe wait it out a few more days?

Just a random question, how many times have you restarted your cycle town?

I've done it like 3 times, and I reallllly want to again.. but it's such a hassle/time consumer ;_;
I swear this one is glitched though, I keep getting the same 20ish tier 6 villagers.. with a random tier 3-4 once in a while. I decided to start keeping track two days ago and yep, confirmed it. Also, I get the same camper like 3 times in a row (I always check it) then they show up in my town a couple cycles later...

Sounds crazy but would you reset in this situation or maybe wait it out a few more days?
i've had 3-4 cycling towns at a time and have reset all of them at least three times each, if not more. i usually reset if i get stuck in a situation like yours, where i can't get rid of an anchored villager or i keep getting the same ones, anything that seems out of the ordinary or unfixable. so yes, i totally understand where you're coming from lol.

personally i'd reset, although it can be a bit of a hassle. but it's also kinda nice sometimes to pause your cycling/cycling thread for even just the little while that it takes to get the new town started, it gives you a bit of a break. it does seem glitched to me as well, getting the same 20 villagers constantly is definitely not right!​

Thanks for this thread, is it possible that when I have cycled everyone out that I can take a break? Meaning can I just not play for a couple days maybe a couple weeks and then restart cycling?

Awesome! I may decide to re-create my short lived little cycling thread and this will be super helpful! Thanks!

you're welcome, thank you for your kind words! :)
Thanks for this thread, is it possible that when I have cycled everyone out that I can take a break? Meaning can I just not play for a couple days maybe a couple weeks and then restart cycling?
you can definitely take a break, but there's different methods for doing so. keep in mind that when you stop cycling and let time flow naturally, you break your cycle and thus will have to change your boxes day. so if you decide to take a break for however long, when you do play that town again you'll need to TT indefinitely until another villager is in boxes and then resume your cycling from there. this is always what i do, because usually when i stop cycling it's because i get distracted or caught up with other things, and also because i have no patience whatsoever.

the other option is writing down whatever day you stopped cycling (it's always a good idea to stop on your boxes day, that way it's easy to remember which day you need to go back to) and TT back to that day whenever you're ready to begin cycling again. that way you can just pick up exactly where you left off. my brain isn't fully functional right now (very overworked and sleep deprived at the moment, so i apologize) so i may be wrong on that, especially since i never keep track of anything and don't use this particular method myself. but as long as you don't load your game on any day other than the last one you played, you should be fine. good luck! c:​

you're welcome, thank you for your kind words! :)

you can definitely take a break, but there's different methods for doing so. keep in mind that when you stop cycling and let time flow naturally, you break your cycle and thus will have to change your boxes day. so if you decide to take a break for however long, when you do play that town again you'll need to TT indefinitely until another villager is in boxes and then resume your cycling from there. this is always what i do, because usually when i stop cycling it's because i get distracted or caught up with other things, and also because i have no patience whatsoever.

the other option is writing down whatever day you stopped cycling (it's always a good idea to stop on your boxes day, that way it's easy to remember which day you need to go back to) and TT back to that day whenever you're ready to begin cycling again. that way you can just pick up exactly where you left off. my brain isn't fully functional right now (very overworked and sleep deprived at the moment, so i apologize) so i may be wrong on that, especially since i never keep track of anything and don't use this particular method myself. but as long as you don't load your game on any day other than the last one you played, you should be fine. good luck! c:​

Sorry, what do you mean by any other day than that? I am a little confused :)

Sorry, what do you mean by any other day than that? I am a little confused :)
okay, so basically, when you use the method in this guide to do your cycling, you'll be TT'ing between three different dates, depending on what your "boxes day" is. if your boxes day is 4/6/16, you'd be TT'ing back to 4/1/15, then to 4/1/16, and then back to 4/6/16 again. if you load up your cycling town on any day other than those three dates, you'll have accidentally broken that cycle and messed up. from that point on, you'd have to TT indefinitely until you can get a new villager into boxes, because the foolproof method only works if you have a villager in boxes.

say you decided to stop cycling for a little while. your cycling town's date is set at 4/6/16, so you write that date down somewhere so you don't forget it, and then you go on with your life. when you want to begin cycling again, your town will be several days, weeks, or months ahead, depending on how long your break was. if you were to load up the town without TT'ing, you'd probably have only 8 villagers and no one in boxes, because you would've broken your cycle. so if you TT back to 4/6/16 before you load up your town, the game doesn't realize you've been gone at all, and you should be able to resume cycling right away without any problems.

whenever i've stopped cycling, it's usually been because i got busy and stopped suddenly, so i wasn't planning on taking a break. if you don't write down or remember the date your town was on when you stopped, you'll just need to load your game at whatever date it's on and TT day by day until you find another mover. i hope this cleared up what you were confused about!​

~~
i've been super busy/inactive lately but i am planning on adding a bit to this soon D:​

okay, so basically, when you use the method in this guide to do your cycling, you'll be TT'ing between three different dates, depending on what your "boxes day" is. if your boxes day is 4/6/16, you'd be TT'ing back to 4/1/15, then to 4/1/16, and then back to 4/6/16 again. if you load up your cycling town on any day other than those three dates, you'll have accidentally broken that cycle and messed up. from that point on, you'd have to TT indefinitely until you can get a new villager into boxes, because the foolproof method only works if you have a villager in boxes.

say you decided to stop cycling for a little while. your cycling town's date is set at 4/6/16, so you write that date down somewhere so you don't forget it, and then you go on with your life. when you want to begin cycling again, your town will be several days, weeks, or months ahead, depending on how long your break was. if you were to load up the town without TT'ing, you'd probably have only 8 villagers and no one in boxes, because you would've broken your cycle. so if you TT back to 4/6/16 before you load up your town, the game doesn't realize you've been gone at all, and you should be able to resume cycling right away without any problems.

whenever i've stopped cycling, it's usually been because i got busy and stopped suddenly, so i wasn't planning on taking a break. if you don't write down or remember the date your town was on when you stopped, you'll just need to load your game at whatever date it's on and TT day by day until you find another mover. i hope this cleared up what you were confused about!​

Okay thank you :)

Back