[Guide] Cycling & Cycling Towns ➝ (UPDATED 12/6/16)

Ok so my boxes day was Aug 11th for Ankha and I invited Bam from the campsite. So I had to go to Aug 12th to get him in. Now do I have to start all over going day by day from there or do I TT back to the 11th and keep cycling? Will Bam still be there as he is now part of the town even though the 11th he was in a tent? That's what I keep getting hung up on lol sorry if you guys already answered that. Or do you skip ahead 4 days after this new move in?

Last edited:
Ok so my boxes day was Aug 11th for Ankha and I invited Bam from the campsite. So I had to go to Aug 12th to get him in. Now do I have to start all over going day by day from there or do I TT back to the 11th and keep cycling? Will Bam still be there as he is now part of the town even though the 11th he was in a tent? That's what I keep getting hung up on lol sorry if you guys already answered that.
you don't need to TT a day forward after inviting someone from the campsite, that's the issue! basically, don't ever break the cycle unless you have an anchored villager and are intentionally trying to change your boxes day. no matter when you invite someone in from the campsite or even from another town if you do so for whatever reason, they will move in during the course of your cycling. you should never TT to any dates other than the three you constantly travel back and forth from; boxes day, a year and five days back, a year forward, five days forward (boxes day again). if you TT to any day other than those, you break the cycle and will need to TT day by day to get back on track.

it's really important just to remember that TT'ing to any date other than the ones mentioned will ruin things, and once you load the game on the wrong date, there is no turning back. so if you tried to TT back to august 11th, it wouldn't fix anything; it would actually be like TT'ing another day forward.

Last edited:
I traveled back a year and 5 days from Aug 11 and didn't see Bam (cycling him for someone) in my town so I freaked out and hit the power button. Maybe I didn't read it right. I am going day by day from aug 11 again and no one is moving out but I realize I'm down to 8 so someone needs to move in.
I should've trusted Bam would move in and now I lost my boxes day and have to get a new one right?
Ty again for your help. Every time I think I've got it, I find a new confusion lol.

nvrm, waited too long to post my answer ^^; Crash beat me~

Last edited:
I traveled back a year and 5 days from Aug 11 and didn't see Bam (cycling him for someone) in my town so I freaked out and hit the power button. Maybe I didn't read it right. I am going day by day from aug 11 again and no one is moving out but I realize I'm down to 8 so someone needs to move in.
I should've trusted Bam would move in and now I lost my boxes day and have to get a new one right?
Ty again for your help. Every time I think I've got it, I find a new confusion lol.
you're welcome, i know it can be hard to get a handle on for a little while when you're first starting! D:
even though you hit the power button, the game still loaded to that date, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway, unfortunately. but yes, as long as you got the confirmation from him that was moving in, he will absolutely move in no matter what. the only thing i can constantly stress is to never break your cycle, even if you think you should; just keep cycling, and the villager will show up. now that you've dropped to 8 villagers, you'll need to TT day by day until someone new moves in, and then keep TT'ing day by day until someone goes into boxes again. from there, you're free to cycle again.

from now on, don't TT to any date besides your three! say your boxes day becomes august 30th, 2016 -- you should only ever be TT'ing to august 25, 2015 > august 25, 2016 > august 30, 2016. no exceptions, unless you need to change your boxes day or aren't cycling anymore. trust me, as long as you stick to that, you won't run into any more problems! (or you're way less likely too, lol!)

you're welcome, i know it can be hard to get a handle on for a little while when you're first starting! D:
even though you hit the power button, the game still loaded to that date, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway, unfortunately. but yes, as long as you got the confirmation from him that was moving in, he will absolutely move in no matter what. the only thing i can constantly stress is to never break your cycle, even if you think you should; just keep cycling, and the villager will show up. now that you've dropped to 8 villagers, you'll need to TT day by day until someone new moves in, and then keep TT'ing day by day until someone goes into boxes again. from there, you're free to cycle again.

from now on, don't TT to any date besides your three! say your boxes day becomes august 30th, 2016 -- you should only ever be TT'ing to august 25, 2015 > august 25, 2016 > august 30, 2016. no exceptions, unless you need to change your boxes day or aren't cycling anymore. trust me, as long as you stick to that, you won't run into any more problems! (or you're way less likely too, lol!)
Got it! Thanks! Ok will let you know how it goes. Back to my slow-going day by day for now til I get that new boxes day. Think I'm good now. After I move Bam out I think I'll do one more camp invite to do it the way you said so I learn. xD

Got it! Thanks! Ok will let you know how it goes. Back to my slow-going day by day for now til I get that new boxes day. Think I'm good now. After I move Bam out I think I'll do one more camp invite to do it the way you said so I learn. xD
sounds good! i'm sure you'll get into the swing of it easily and in a week you'll be a pro :')

ok 8/24 new boxing day Scoot out, Olivia moved in before then. Back to the guide.

- - - Post Merge - - -

sounds good! i'm sure you'll get into the swing of it easily and in a week you'll be a pro :')
lol ty<3

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok I'm back on track

Last edited:
Hello!

I have a question, but I'd also like to say thank you for this guide. That's what I used to get into cycling. Your guide is perfect in every way possible, thanks for this. :D

Here's my problem: I have an anchored villager in my town, it's Goose. He's been in my town ever since I created it, and I don't mind if he's anchored since he's not popular. But now I'm wondering: is it possible to have two anchored villagers? Let me explain. Bluebear has been in my town for a while now. I think 30 villagers, at least, have moved out since she got into my town.

I realized another thing: villagers will never move out if the "moving date" of my town is the same one as their birthday. But, in Bluebear's case, it's not the exact same date, but it's still really close. Her birthday is June 24th, the "moving date" of my town is June 21st. Could this explain why she won't move out?

Thanks in advance! I hope this was clear. :p

Along those lines^ I seem to have an anchored villager. I've changed boxing dates so what else is there to do but be patient?

Hello!

I have a question, but I'd also like to say thank you for this guide. That's what I used to get into cycling. Your guide is perfect in every way possible, thanks for this. :D

Here's my problem: I have an anchored villager in my town, it's Goose. He's been in my town ever since I created it, and I don't mind if he's anchored since he's not popular. But now I'm wondering: is it possible to have two anchored villagers? Let me explain. Bluebear has been in my town for a while now. I think 30 villagers, at least, have moved out since she got into my town.

I realized another thing: villagers will never move out if the "moving date" of my town is the same one as their birthday. But, in Bluebear's case, it's not the exact same date, but it's still really close. Her birthday is June 24th, the "moving date" of my town is June 21st. Could this explain why she won't move out?

Thanks in advance! I hope this was clear. :p
thank you so much! <3

to answer your question, yes, it's very possible to have more than one anchored villager. i spoke to someone awhile back whose entire town was anchored except for two, i think. however, if you are constantly getting stuck villagers or you have more than two, resetting may just be a better option than trying to make each one of them move.
i've never noticed the birthday thing, so that may be a reason why some villagers become anchored. but no, it doesn't matter if their birthday is around your boxes day, i've had that happen hundreds of times and it doesn't seem to make any difference. i'd have to do some research to confirm whether or not they're able to move on their actual birthday.

Along those lines^ I seem to have an anchored villager. I've changed boxing dates so what else is there to do but be patient?
since you've only just started cycling, there's a good chance that villager isn't anchored, they're just sticking around longer than some of the others. an anchored villager is one that will not move after 50-100+ cycles, if not more. like if by this time next month, they still haven't left, that's what i would definitely consider anchored. all you need to do is just keep cycling, don't worry about changing your boxes day yet, just give them a chance to move as you cycle. it also depends on your speed & if you autovoid -- if you only cycle through one or two villagers a day, it might seem like some are stuck when really you just haven't cycled enough yet.

thank you so much! <3

to answer your question, yes, it's very possible to have more than one anchored villager. i spoke to someone awhile back whose entire town was anchored except for two, i think. however, if you are constantly getting stuck villagers or you have more than two, resetting may just be a better option than trying to make each one of them move.
i've never noticed the birthday thing, so that may be a reason why some villagers become anchored. but no, it doesn't matter if their birthday is around your boxes day, i've had that happen hundreds of times and it doesn't seem to make any difference. i'd have to do some research to confirm whether or not they're able to move on their actual birthday.

Thank you for this quick answer. :) Before resetting, I'll at least try to change my box day to see what happen. :) It kinda bugs me, because my box day was on summer solstice and I found that pretty fun, haha. I hope I'll never get stuck with 8 anchored villagers, this must be a real nightmare, lol!

Thank you for this quick answer. :) Before resetting, I'll at least try to change my box day to see what happen. :) It kinda bugs me, because my box day was on summer solstice and I found that pretty fun, haha. I hope I'll never get stuck with 8 anchored villagers, this must be a real nightmare, lol!
i've had instances where changing the boxes day eventually unstuck both villagers, so there's still hope! that is a shame about the summer solstice though :c i always like having my boxes day on a holiday, it's cute!

Ah k ty! In between saves should I be running to the campsite to check it? It's been empty a lot- am I wasting time or is that worth it and what you're supposed to do?

Ah k ty! In between saves should I be running to the campsite to check it? It's been empty a lot- am I wasting time or is that worth it and what you're supposed to do?

I know this won't help you in any way, but an idea I had when I created my cycling town, which is now really helpful, was to place my campsite right behing my home, so I can see it right when my town is done loading. If you ever end up resetting, you really should do this. :)

I know this won't help you in any way, but an idea I had when I created my cycling town, which is now really helpful, was to place my campsite right behing my home, so I can see it right when my town is done loading. If you ever end up resetting, you really should do this. :)
Awesome! Will do. I'm just practicing on the town that was on this used cartridge but I will be starting it over and setting it up better. She put the campsite clear across the map.

Back