[Guide] Cycling & Cycling Towns ➝ (UPDATED 12/6/16)

thank you! <3
i've just added a section on that now, as i do know a fix for it. hope it helps and isn't too confusing! :)

if anyone else has suggestions or more questions that aren't answered in the thread, please let me know!​

Haha the example dates you used for "boxes day" is exactly the dates I use for cycling. xD
it all makes sense except for the second load part. do you mean just save and quit, then reload the game on the same day? Then save and quit, TT to next day?

Thank you so much for that info <3 will definitely begin to use since I have an anchored villager atm.

omgosh, I need to try that method to get rid of an anchored villager.
Also, this guide would've been vastly helpful when I started. I had NO idea what lurking meant ._.

Haha the example dates you used for "boxes day" is exactly the dates I use for cycling. xD
it all makes sense except for the second load part. do you mean just save and quit, then reload the game on the same day? Then save and quit, TT to next day?

Thank you so much for that info <3 will definitely begin to use since I have an anchored villager atm.
i had a feeling it'd be a bit confusing ;-;
okay, so. your box day is january 10th, 2016. you adopt out whatever villager is in boxes on that day. then you TT back to january 5th, 2015. now your town is at 8 villagers, with no one plotting to move in. if you were to break your cycling and start TT'ing day by day from there, it'd take a lot longer to find a mover, because you'd have to wait for the next random move-in to plot.
so instead of breaking the cycle here, TT to january 5th, 2016 like you would if you were still cycling. at this point, the game has a villager plotted and ready to move in the next day -- NOW you can begin TT'ing day by day, because you'll be back at nine villagers and won't have to wait for a ninth to move in, which will make finding a mover & a ping 1000x easier.

i hope that clears it up! if it still doesn't make sense to you, you can just break the cycle at any point and begin TT'ing day by day whenever you want to. i just find it much, much easier to do it on the second load, because i hate having to wait for a ninth villager to move in.

omgosh, I need to try that method to get rid of an anchored villager.
Also, this guide would've been vastly helpful when I started. I had NO idea what lurking meant ._.
i've found that a lot of people don't understand lurking, actually; i had to figure it out myself as well. that's why i had to make sure to add a bit in here about it, as there's so many people that get confused. c:​

Last edited:
This is really awesome! Thank you so much :)
I made a cycling town recently and have been wanting a good guide like this I could read!

Really interesting guide! Very up-to-date, will be referring to this whenever I cycle villagers out. c:
And just a quick comment about keeping villagers: I've noticed that villagers who you've talked to actually ping some time while cycling (without the tedious methods of TT-ing some days before or after or what not). For example:
January 10, 2016 - Marshal in boxes
January 5, 2015 - nothing
January 5, 2016 - someone pings!

I've kept dreamies this way, but it isn't 100% foolproof, as I've had Biskit ping me once (which I denied), and a few cycles later, he didn't ping me but moved out the next date. :c I guess it's safer to talk to dreamies you want to keep in case you want to make sure they don't ping/move out (I've been doing this for both Hugh and Vesta, who've survived like 50+ cycles by now). You probably knew this already, though. x)

But yeah, thanks for the guide, love it! ❤️

Last edited:
Really interesting guide! Very up-to-date, will be referring to this whenever I cycle villagers out. c:
And just a quick comment about keeping villagers: I've noticed that villagers who you've talked to actually ping some time while cycling (without the tedious methods of TT-ing some days before or after or what not). For example:
January 10, 2016 - Marshal in boxes
January 5, 2015 - nothing
January 5, 2016 - someone pings!

I've kept dreamies this way, but it isn't 100% foolproof, as I've had Biskit ping me once (which I denied), and a few cycles later, he didn't ping me but moved out the next date. :c I guess it's safer to talk to dreamies you want to keep in case you want to make sure they don't ping/move out (I've been doing this for both Hugh and Vesta, who've survived like 50+ cycles by now). You probably knew this already, though. x)

But yeah, thanks for the guide, love it! ❤️
thank you so much! i actually wasn't entirely sure of this, as i usually don't even move around during cycling until someone is in boxes & i go to open my gates. i've caught pings here and there though, but since i don't use this method on my main towns i just ignore them. but i will definitely add this in somewhere! c:​

added skarmoury's suggestion of keeping certain villagers & fixed a few more errors.
as always, if you have any questions to add, comments, or bumps, feel free to lay em on me! c:​

Back