[Guide] Cycling & Cycling Towns ➝ (UPDATED 12/6/16)

I have 9 of my dreamiest but I'm having trouble with getting my last villager out. He is one of my starters and he won't move out after trying to do the 2day method many times. I don't cycle

I have 9 of my dreamiest but I'm having trouble with getting my last villager out. He is one of my starters and he won't move out after trying to do the 2day method many times. I don't cycle
i would recommend doing the move-out date method :) when a villager pings to leave, deny them but pay attention to the date they were going to move out on. TT to that date and it should trigger a new person to ping. it's not always 100% effective and there's no guarantees, but I find it to work better and be overall safer than the 2 days forward, 2 days back.​

Sorry for being rude, I just set up two cycling towns and maybe a cycling thread but I want to know what's the point of cycling?

How do you get the one villager who will never leave out IF you are cycling, but keeping certain villagers? I've been trying to get rid of Blaire for over a month now.

Sorry for being rude, I just set up two cycling towns and maybe a cycling thread but I want to know what's the point of cycling?
you're not being rude :)
the point of cycling is to move out villagers as quickly as possible, whether it's to move them into your own town(s) or to sell them. it's a good way to make extra IGB/TBT and meet lots of new villagers as well. just keep in mind that you don't HAVE to make a cycling thread if you don't want to or don't feel like it's worth it! many people have cycling towns just for themselves or to sell villagers from every once in awhile.​

How do you get the one villager who will never leave out IF you are cycling, but keeping certain villagers? I've been trying to get rid of Blaire for over a month now.
the same way you would even if you weren't keeping certain villagers -- you'll have to change your boxes day. I don't try to keep specific villagers in my cycling towns because it's so easy to lose them, but since changing your boxes day simply means breaking the cycle and TT'ing day by day until you get a ping and can restart the foolproof method, there's no reason why this wouldn't work regardless of if you're trying to keep anyone. just make sure the ping you get isn't from anyone you want to stay. :)

Last edited:
you're not being rude :)
the point of cycling is to move out villagers as quickly as possible, whether it's to move them into your own town(s) or to sell them. it's a good way to make extra IGB/TBT and meet lots of new villagers as well. just keep in mind that you don't HAVE to make a cycling thread if you don't want to or don't feel like it's worth it! many people have cycling towns just for themselves or to sell villagers from every once in awhile.​

the same way you would even if you weren't keeping certain villagers -- you'll have to change your boxes day. I don't try to keep specific villagers in my cycling towns because it's so easy to lose them, but since changing your boxes day simply means breaking the cycle and TT'ing day by day until you get a ping and can restart the foolproof method, there's no reason why this wouldn't work regardless of if you're trying to keep anyone. just make sure the ping you get isn't from anyone you want to stay. :)

I have changed my boxes day, several times when I tell them not to move out. :[

I have changed my boxes day, several times when I tell them not to move out. :[
hmm. that should've worked, but I'm assuming the reason it's not is because you're staying on speaking terms with some villagers and not with others? you may have to just try the same method, but when you're TT'ing day by day for a ping, keep doing so until it's Blaire that pings. you may just need to play the town normally for awhile until you can get her to leave, unfortunately. :c​

So, the oddest thing just happened in my cycle town. o.o I was wondering if you've ever had this happen..

So a while ago, more than ~30 cycles, I needed signatures from my main town for Marshal, and decided since my cycle town was full of tier 5's, why not. I'll void them anyways.
Just now, on my second load of the game, Kitty pinged me (who has actually kind of been an anchored villager), and I talked to her HOPING she would ask to move. Nope.
She brought up my main character and said "you know how Chrys told me I shouldn't move? Well I decided to take the advice and stay! Yep I'll be your neighbor for a while, so be happy with it!" or something very similar to that... I never, ever, told Kitty on my main file to stay. (I didn't even know visitors could influence that?)

It's almost like she knows she's anchored, that it's annoying me, and she's enjoying every minute of it. ;_;

That's fine. I really wanted to start cycling, just for fun? Thank you so much for the amazing method you posted! It works flawlessly and I wouldn't have been able to cycle without you.

So, the oddest thing just happened in my cycle town. o.o I was wondering if you've ever had this happen..

So a while ago, more than ~30 cycles, I needed signatures from my main town for Marshal, and decided since my cycle town was full of tier 5's, why not. I'll void them anyways.
Just now, on my second load of the game, Kitty pinged me (who has actually kind of been an anchored villager), and I talked to her HOPING she would ask to move. Nope.
She brought up my main character and said "you know how Chrys told me I shouldn't move? Well I decided to take the advice and stay! Yep I'll be your neighbor for a while, so be happy with it!" or something very similar to that... I never, ever, told Kitty on my main file to stay. (I didn't even know visitors could influence that?)

It's almost like she knows she's anchored, that it's annoying me, and she's enjoying every minute of it. ;_;
thats so strange, I've never had that happen before! I know on my main town I have my mayor and a second character, and when I accidentally told a villager to move on my mayor I used my second character to convince them to stay. but I had no clue that guests to your town had any influence over your villagers moving. it's also really weird that you never even said that to her in the first place. I have no clue why that happened! ;-;​

That's fine. I really wanted to start cycling, just for fun? Thank you so much for the amazing method you posted! It works flawlessly and I wouldn't have been able to cycle without you.
you're very welcome, I'm really glad I could help! :')​

Great guide! Thanks for making this. :)
thank you & im glad you find it helpful! :)

Back