• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

🍃 Hale Makai 🌊 ~ Of Winds and Water

Island/Town Name
Hale Makai
Hemisphere
South
Native Fruit
Orange
Native Flower
Pansies

Beedubz

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
6915-1878-3577
Welcome to Hale Makai! 🏝

Somewhere deep in the tropics is this tiny island, strangely inhabited by animals from all over the world alongside little bobble-headed wanderers who have chosen to pitch their tents upon the pale, golden sands. Hale Makai boasts a modest communal village, dense forests, high bamboo plateaus and greenery filled with luscious fruits and flowers.

🍌🍊🍍
Initially I wanted to name it Kauhale Makai and call it 'the village by the sea', but I ran out of room in the title. Eh heh...

EWa4FPkU8AEWTD8

---

EWa4FPSUEAEUvwk

Resident rep is Ray, a weird little person who likes eggs. They are in charge of about seven other wanderers and 10 animal villagers, but they're honestly a chill lil' dood.

🍐🍒🍎

Last edited:
Current Villagers:

Audie, Bob, Cookie, Dobie, Merengue, Olaf, Reneigh, Skye, Tiffany & Bud

120px-Audie_NH_Icon.png
120px-Bob_NH_Icon.png
Cookie_NH_Icon.png
120px-Dobie_NH_Icon.png
Merengue_NH_Icon.png
120px-Olaf_NH_Icon.png
120px-Reneigh_NH_Icon.png
Skye_NH_Icon.png
Tiffany_NH_Icon.png
Bud_NH_Icon.png

Villagers Past:

Biance, Bunnie, Clay, Hopkins, Mac, Monty, Shari, Sprocket, Yuka & Victoria

Bianca_NH_Icon.png
Bunnie_NH_Icon.png
Clay_NH_Icon.png
120px-Hopkins_NH_Icon.png
Mac_NH_Icon.png
Monty_NH_Icon.png
Shari_NH_Icon.png
Sprocket_NH_Icon.png
Yuka_NH_Icon.png
Victoria_NH_Icon.png

Dreamies:

Eugene, Chief, Fang, Gruff, Marshal, O'Hare, Raymond, Shep, Sherb & Tipper

Eugene_NH_Icon.png
Chief_NH_Icon.png
Fang_NH_Icon.png
Gruff_NH_Icon.png
Marshal_NH_Icon.png
O%27Hare_NH_Icon.png
Raymond_NH_Icon.png
Shep_NH_Icon.png
Sherb_NH_Icon.png
Tipper_NH_Icon.png

Last edited:
Memories:
🍃🏕🔥

EWa4FPwU0AIxY39

A beautiful day in fall, everyone is working out. Olaf is pretty much king of the island, about to go check in to see if Tom Nook and Isabelle need help with anything.

EVeSNWAU0AASDg1

Everyone was so proud of their hard work when this day arrived. Not long after delicate white flowers began to spring up all over the island. It was decided to let them ramble as they please and declassify them as weeds that needed to be plucked by idle Makaian hands.

EUV1n0eUMAAdyfW

The resident posh lady of the island still wants more fancy clothes and furniture. The stores can't stock up fast enough for her.

EUQsiJ4U0AE9Xmy
Meanwhile, Hale Makai's mad scientist is finding that the sweet-salty sea air helps her to think.

Last edited:
F.A.Qs:

Do you time travel?
I do. I do it mostly to get villagers in or out of the island that I prefer and also to breed hybrid flowers. I try to limit profiting off of TT bell-wise and keep it to strictly creative measures, but I understand why many people prefer not to TT. Maybe someday I'll get another switch and do a non-TT island, who knows?

Is this island all yours, or do you share?
I share my switch with my husband so we've sort of built this island together. I kind of find it way more rewarding to build a big thing from scratch with a friend, even if it limits the space available to me to play with creatively.

Why so many player houses?
Initially it's because I can't help but make multiple characters whenever possible. I want to try and theme each profile's house differently, like have a witch's cottage right by the ocean or a science lab next to the museum and so on. It's going to be a lot of extra work to pay off the additional loans and find appropriate furniture for the houses, but I imagine it's just going to add more things for me to perfect over time.

Last edited:
Today two amazing things happened! We bred our first Gold Rose and Jock villager Bud joined the island! This unfortunately meant we had to say goodbye to Victoria, but we will remember her.

Back