• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Happy MAR10 Day!

xSuperMario64x

I am a Bug, please be gentle 🪲💜
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Galaxy Cupcake
Planet Glow Wand
Tetris Grid
Heart Glow Wand
View attachment 195510
Well, technically, yesterday was MAR10 day, but who cares. I'm gonna write about it. :)

So as you may have recognized by my username and my *evergrowing* collection of figurines, I absolutely adore the SMB series. Of course, Animal Crossing comes in second, and LoZ comes in third, but there's something so awesome about the SMB series that has made me love it since I was in middle school. I have played many games in the series, mainstream and spin-off, made countless drawings of the characters and enemies in the series, and collected things based on the series, such as hoodies, toys, music books, lanyards, keychains, stickers, and even stuffed plushies. I might be slightly obsessed... ^^"

What I really like about the SMB series is the wide variety of games and storylines that come with it...

The NES and GB games were straightforward and pioneering;

SMW was an original with a funky new twists and a lot of new concepts and characters;

SM64 (clearly the best of them all) was awesomely innovative because it was one of the first 3D NTDO games and gave a fresh new look to characters we knew and loved;

SM Sunshine was a new approach in the series, having the feel of a totally different game while retaining the atmosphere of the series;

SMG2 is my second favorite video game of all time, and though I haven't played SMG1 I'm sure it's awesome, too. The concept of interstellar travel and fantasy planetary exploration is crazy and yet it works so well! They managed to make a totally awesome game out of something that could have easily not worked;

The NSMB series of games, though a bit overdone, was awesome when it first was released because the idea of a 2.5D game was like giving new life to the original NES games;

SM3DL and SM3DW made a 3D approach toward traditional gameplay, creating a nice combination of the best of both worlds;

And who knows what SM Odyssey has in store for us! It look totally awesome!! I'm pretty sure this game is at least 90% of the reason why I want a Switch.

Of course, you can't forget the spin-offs. While the sports games may have stepped over the line a bit, other spin-offs totally make up for it. The MKart games, with each progressing one, add something new and exciting to the lineup while remaining a great game that will definitely hold its replay value; the Paper Mario and other RPG games had good storylines and memorable characters; the MParty games are great, though this series seemed to skew off into the wrong direction. Even so, the first Mario Party game is a game worth staying up until 2am with your friends for.

And the characters! They're awesome! I may have overused words like awesome and fantastic, but what better words to use? Even the bad guys are cool/cute/funny (except some of the ugly guys; I'm looking at you Cleft).

When I was younger I spent so much time playing games like SM64 as if they were a dollhouse, but with SMB characters. That's probably most of the reason why I'm so personally attached to them. I still go back and play those old levels, without a clear goal; just going in to run around and mess with the baddies, like the Chill Bully in Snowman's Land, the Spindel in Shifting Sand Land, or the Giant Koopas in Supermassive Galaxy (if you play SMG2 you know why I love those big koopas lol).

Overall, the SMB series is awesome. Great games, great characters, and did I mention great powerups? That super leaf is where it's at!! All of that stuff wil always hold a big place in my heart; hence why I go to school showing off my SMB pride with the two hoodies I have, and my red SMB journal.

*You may notice but I'm starting to grow very tired xDD It's 1:25 am here

If you want you can ask me a general/personal question regarding my blog :)

SMB IS THE BEST NTDO SERIES EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR <3<3<3

Back