• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Has your New Leaf game ever crashed randomly?

Y2K1

normal human earth baby
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
my new leaf game crashed completely randomly yesterday while entering one of my villagers houses. i completely panicked and modded my spare 3ds, created a save state of the game, backed it up to my pc, and got it to work with a new leaf rom via citra from 12am to almost 3am. (very calm and rational decision making here)

but has this happened to anyone else here as well? only thread i could find here was one from 2017, and then another on gamefaqs from 2013, and couldn't really find a solid reason as to why. my game is a physical copy, bought firsthand, and has seen a lot of wear and tear over the last 11 years (12 next june!), with especially frequent use since mid-2022. just wondering if anyone else has any similar experiences and what might be the reason :)

A few times, yeah. But it’s probably just my 3DS and not an issue with the game. By crash, you do mean the game just randomly froze, right? If that was the case, I don’t think anything should have happened to your data, so you shouldn’t need to worry. If it becomes a recurring issue, then it’s probably an issue with the 3DS, but if it’s only that game, then backing up might be a good idea.

Last edited:
It can happen if the game card is wearing out or the slot for it in the 3DS is dusty or something. This can happen with any game, pretty much.
I have a few regular DS games that have difficulty working because of frequent use over the years. Usually me blowing onto them works, but I have heard that can actually damage them more.

My game froze a few times before while doing the game link feature with HHA. At least it doesn’t cause you to be chewed out by Resetti for it happening during that part of the game.

Back