• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Have you tried trading someone but ended up you get scammed?

unravel

Professional klutz
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Isabelle
Blue Candy
Blue Candy
Blue Candy
Blue Candy
Jack
Orange (Fruit)
Red Candy
Orange (Fruit)
I'm just asking if you have experience that. There are a lot of scammers these days so yeah.
In TBT or other AC trading sites cam be villagers haha...

Last edited:
Thankfully no. I like to keep an eye on people who come to my town and my hand's always near the Wi Fi switch.

Yes! I was on another site and was so happy to be getting freya but then they refuse to give her to me even when I offered 5 mil. I then offered 15 mil. But hey turned it down saying they wanted 50 mil. I said no. It's not really a scam but I did ask for a sloppy chair once and then they never had one took my 500k and left before I flipped my WiFi switch. So I was upset about that. I only have the wall and couch. Another person dropped the supposedly "princess bed" and the person had good feedback so I didn't bother much. They dropped furniture then took my 150k and left. I was happy I thought I had the full set but after they left I picked it up,put it in my house,and it was a cardboard box. An item worth 100 bells. I then supposed maybe they had other items and dropped the wrong one so I talked to them and said yeah it was an accident but then when they comeback they drop another piece of furniture and kills my blue rose by the train station and once again leaves before I can flip the switch. They refused to give my bells back or give me the princess bed they don't have. I was pretty mad after that :mad:.

Actually I've never been scammed which is nice to know, since I've handled some trades involving large amount of money.

not yet... but i only give away animals/find people who are giving away theirs. hard to get scammed that way :)

This person on ACC(Animal Crossing Community) TRIED to scam me.

Ha no, thank Nintendo for the nifty wireless switch.

I was going to trade Marshal for Fang and we both had 10 villagers so they let someone move out and wanted to take in Marshal then try and get Fang to move out.
So, naturally, I was nervous of getting scammed for giving them Marshal first and never getting Fang. But the person was from TBT and I got really lucky to have traded with an honest person and I now have Fang and Marshal went to a town that he was wanted in :)

I think trading with people on TBT is the safest bet, but I know we aren't perfect here but the Wi-Fi Ratings help.

i just learned i was scammed out of goldie x.x they said they would trade her for margie. and i needed to get rid of goldie fast, so i gave them her first, and they would tt out margie. but today, i learned they were on a caution list for not following through adoptions. soo yeah, i've been scammed :/ i'm not too mad since i needed to get rid of her, but just a little miffed that goldie went to a scammer

edit: i got scammed on the reddit villager adoption site

Last edited:
I feel like it's harder to get scammed on TBT because of the wifi rating * U *
all my trades and such have been a huge success on both ends !

On the other hand, it's not really a scam, but someone was dropping off a few items in my town earlier today,
and before she got there, another "friend" of mines popped in seconds ahead.
I didn't want to kick the TBT person out, so I told this friend of mines that my town was currently closed for remodeling and that there were items scattered everywhere. She assured me that she wouldn't take anything, but later on, I noticed HUGE patches of my organized hybrids ( namely blue roses ) stolen, and a few items ; 3 ;

Needless to say, I flipped the wifi switch ASAP.
Luckily, the TBT user had already finished her stuff there, so I guess it ended on a good note * U *
i need to go through my friends list -___-

Last edited:
My little brother was scammed one time while trying to trade a Link hat for bells. :/ The guy refused to pay him and my little brother begged the guy to pay up, but in the end the guy left taking the hat with him.

Ever since that happened to him, I've been really careful about trading items with people.

I don't trade but when I'm letting someone in and I smell some fishiness, I flip the switch.

Omg... Nah...
Since I have your items and money maybe I could help you earn bells in return anyway thanks for Marshal and... (I forgot who villager again dang)

Stitches lol. He's not your dreamie but he's aight :>

I dont need the cash anyway cause i dont participate in buying/selling villagers haha.

Back