• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Having trouble connecting to the internet?

fifimonkeh

Monkey Lover
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Green Candy
Dusty Scroll
Red Candy
Red Candy
Cake
I went to a Nintendo Zone earlier today so that I could download the Afternoon Tea Set, and I also took my friend's DS with me as she was working all day.
Her DS connected to the hotspot fine, and I managed to get her sets with no problems. However, I found that I could not connect to the hotspot on my own DS, no matter how many times I tried, and could not get any internet access at all. I even tried turning my DS on and off, and checking the connection settings, but nothing seemed to work. Does anyone know why this might have happened?
I actually dropped my DS over the weekend too, so I'm wondering whether this had any effect?

*I am playing a downloaded copy of the game on an Animal Crossing 3DS, if this has any significance*

Do you have a smart phone, fifi? My sig has a guide on tethering or temp. altering your home router. If it's a confusing read for you, ask me anything specific & I'll explain as best I can! We'll get it sorted fifi, I promise! ^o^

Do you have a smart phone, fifi? My sig has a guide on tethering or temp. altering your home router. If it's a confusing read for you, ask me anything specific & I'll explain as best I can! We'll get it sorted fifi, I promise! ^o^

No, unfotunately I don't have a smart phone :( it can find the access point, but it just doesn't seem to be connecting to the internet via the access point :/

Okay, you mentioned you um, dropped your 3ds? Can it surf the web or use Swapnote? This will tell is if the Wifi sensor is damaged.

Also, any way you could access your home router, fifi?

Okay, you mentioned you um, dropped your 3ds? Can it surf the web or use Swapnote? This will tell is if the Wifi sensor is damaged.

Also, any way you could access your home router, fifi?

I hadn't tried to access the internet since I dropped it, and I tried on Tuesday and it could not connect, but my housemate couldn't connect when she tried either so it might have been our internet running out, as we use a pay-as-you-go dongle or my boyfriend's wifi (which is what I use to access the internet on my laptop but cannot connect on my 3ds) so at the moment, I cannot access the internet :( which is making it harder to diagnose the problem!

Fifi! Quick, here's some good news because the Dam is breeeaking!! ^_^

I know it's not a solution, but I can try to procure the items & gift them to you! ^o^

But as soon as you can find a solid connection Fifi, you've got to give the 3ds a try!

Fifi! Quick, here's some good news because the Dam is breeeaking!! ^_^

I know it's not a solution, but I can try to procure the items & gift them to you! ^o^

But as soon as you can find a solid connection Fifi, you've got to give the 3ds a try!

aw, thank you so much ^_^ you're a very lovely person!
I will definitely try to connect as soon as I get a stable internet connection, which will hopefully be tomorrow or over the weekend :)

aw, thank you so much ^_^ you're a very lovely person!
I will definitely try to connect as soon as I get a stable internet connection, which will hopefully be tomorrow or over the weekend :)

That's a great plan Fifi; if your 3ds is good & working- send me a PM & I'll ferry what DLC I can find to you. :D

That's a great plan Fifi; if your 3ds is good & working- send me a PM & I'll ferry what DLC I can find to you. :D

Thank you so much ^^ I'll let you know! Fingers crossed I can get it to work soon otherwise I'll have to get it repaired :(

Back