• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

HELP!!! HHA score going down for no reason

Missy

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I have been working for so long to get my HHA score up to 1,100,000. I checked on Monday and I was at 1,034,000, I was getting close! Today I checked and my score went down to 955,000. I have not added or removed any of my items. I thought maybe it was just my game but after speaking with my mom, dad, and brother, who are all playing separate games, I've learned that they have had the same issue. I'm hoping someone can give me some insight on why this keeps happening.

The same thing happened with me. I was at 710,000 and my score dropped down to 690,000. I thought it might have been my season items in my house that went out of season, but I've been adding more items that relate to my theme.

Do you have any villager pictures in your house? I know that Lyle mentions that they only count for points as long as they remain in your town. Other than that, maybe it's out of season insects/fish/other items?

Someone suggested removing everything in your house that wasn't the theme. I did this and got over $1.5mil that way. I went through too and added ANYTHING I had that was on theme, including KK albums, shirts and hats.

I remember that I had it go down one day and it was actually because I moved something in the room. You get more points for red, green, yellow position in the room.

While you may not have added or removed items, did you change any of them? Customization which breaks the color scheme will decrease your score.

Also, did you make any exterior changes?

Note: My HHA score is currently 1,560,000

Last edited:
Sometimes they ask for dolls and stuff in your house and it changes so maybe you fit the theme/challenge one week and not the next

These things change over time:

-Pictures. Lose that villager, you lose points.
-Lucky items. Some items only give points at certain times of the year. Some fish and bugs are included I think.

Back