• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Help please, multiple mayors

nooky13

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Hi there, I have 2 people in my household wanting to play animal crossing but I understand that only the 1st registered can become mayor, but both of them want to be mayor.

If you are the mayor is there really any difference in your normal gameplay or is there any way round this?

Many thanks
Nooky

only difference is the mayor gets to build the projects and set the ordinance

I think

The only difference is the other players won't be able to set ordinances or build projects.

If they wanted to have something built, they would need to have the mayor character to do it.

There is really no difference. The mayor chooses the ordinance and location of the PWPs, but you can just ask your other player for input. It also seems like only the mayor will receive suggestions from the animals for PWPs.

Double Ninja'd, wow.

PWP= Public Works Project.
Ordinance= You can set your town to be one of a Beautiful town (weeds appear less often and you can water flowers less), Night town (shops stay open later at night), early town (shops open earlier in the morning), or a bell boom town where you get more money for items but they also cost more. Any of these options is called an ordinance :)

Can I please ask what pwp is or what ordinance is.

Thanks very much.
Nooky

PWP stands for Public Works Projects, they are things like lampposts, benches, fountains, arches, etc. that you construct in your town. Only the mayor has the ability to pick a location for them.
And ordinance is just something that changes the life of your town, there are four of them in total:

Late Night: Animals stay up later and stores close later
Early Morning: Stores open earlier and animals wake up earlier
Beautiful: Weeds and trash are rare and flowers barely wilt
Rich: Buying and Selling prices are increased

Back