• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

HELP: Unknown error crash

Pwn_Starr

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
First and foremost, sorry if this question has already been asked, or answered. I've been searching for a fix for 4 days and can't find anything.

Anyway, I've been playing AC New Leaf for 4 days on my Nintendo 3DS which I purchased from a friend. When I got home I purchased a digital version of AC:NL. When I opened it up I was able to ride the train but as soon as I arrived at the town hall it would crash saying something along the lines of "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. For help, visit support.nintendo.com.".

Upon getting this error a couple times I re-downloaded the game and it fixed it. During my four days I received the error a couple more times but never had to re-download.

Anyways, my problem now is the same thing. Tortimer comes to talk to me during the town load up. I exit my house and it has about a 2 second grace period before the error shows up. I've tried re-downloading the game again but no fix.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Is this a problem with my version of AC:NL, maybe my 3DS? Any help would be very much appreciated.

First and foremost, sorry if this question has already been asked, or answered. I've been searching for a fix for 4 days and can't find anything.

Anyway, I've been playing AC New Leaf for 4 days on my Nintendo 3DS which I purchased from a friend. When I got home I purchased a digital version of AC:NL. When I opened it up I was able to ride the train but as soon as I arrived at the town hall it would crash saying something along the lines of "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. For help, visit support.nintendo.com.".

Upon getting this error a couple times I re-downloaded the game and it fixed it. During my four days I received the error a couple more times but never had to re-download.

Anyways, my problem now is the same thing. Tortimer comes to talk to me during the town load up. I exit my house and it has about a 2 second grace period before the error shows up. I've tried re-downloading the game again but no fix.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Is this a problem with my version of AC:NL, maybe my 3DS? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Have you gone to the website to see if anyone else has the same issue? I would contact Nintendo and tell them you are having such an issue. You may have to re-download it again.

Hey! Thanks for the input guys it's really appreciated. I re-downloaded it about 6 times and it worked. I don't doubt ill encounter the crashing again but hopefully they can patch it up if its a glitch. Anyways, hopefully we could party up sometime! Thanks again!! :D

That's correct! I've only been playing for about 4 days. Restarting would still be horrible as I've already grown attached to my little town. Some fruit would be much appreciated!

Edit: Yea I've heard that sometimes it's caused by the SD card. Ill give it a little and see if the problem persists. I know that the digital version is a little unstable though (so I've read).

Last edited:
Buddy, seek a new SD card if you've tried to reformat it already. Note that reformating any storage item erases ALL data in it. Can the SD card be corrupted? Yes. Is it unusual to replace a memory? Def. not.

Yep, it just crashed again... Do you know if there's a way to transfer my data from my SD card to the one I want to replace it with? Sorry if that's a noob question!

This is actually getting a little ridiculous... I'm not impressed at all...

The new firmware has an SD card backup solution. It backups your saves onto your SD card. I would then remove the SD card & copy my save files into a PC/laptop. Then proceed to reformat the SD card- this can be done on the PC. Good luck!

Yep, it just crashed again... Do you know if there's a way to transfer my data from my SD card to the one I want to replace it with? Sorry if that's a noob question!

This is actually getting a little ridiculous... I'm not impressed at all...

You put your old SD in your computer, open to view folder and copy/paste the Nintendo 3DS folder to your desktop. Then put in your new SD and copy that folder over. Really easy.

I'm extremely new with the 3ds (ds in general). I only bought it to play animal crossing so I'm not that familiar with how to get around the settings and all that. Is there a thread you could bring to that would have a tutorial or would you mind writing me out a little walk through of how to do that?

Pwn- Nintendo has a walk through w/ screens @ their site. Just Google '3ds firmware.'

Alright cool, wicked man. I'm going to check that out. Hopefully I do it before I have to go to work... Thanks for all your help everyone. Ill keep you guys updated about my situation. Hopefully this can help anyone else who has similar issues.

EDIT: Hey guys sorry to get back to y'all so late. I've been busy with work and life outside of my town. So I couldn't swap my town data from my original SD card to my new one because my reader wasn't working. So I started a new town and it hasn't crashed since. So I'm assuming I had a faulty SD in my 3DS causing it to crash.

Right now I'm using a 32GB micro SD card in my ds which is holstered in an adapter and It works like a charm.

Thanks to all of you that helped me out and offered your advice it's really appreciated. I look forward to visiting your guys towns if you want to swap friend codes.

Last edited:
Back