• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Help!

fifimonkeh

Monkey Lover
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Green Candy
Dusty Scroll
Red Candy
Red Candy
Cake
I dropped my 3DS XL the other day, and since then I have not been able to connect to the internet, either via a Nintendo zone or using my own wifi at home.
If I send my DS off to be repaired, will it affect my game in any way? I have the downloaded version, and I am worried that it will delete my town or something will happen to my town in the time it is away. Please help! I don't want to lose my fave villagers either :(

I am pretty sure that this is a case where backing up your game will work -- you need to back it up and then don't load it again; then the backup should restore your data. I haven't had to do it but hopefully there's someone around here with experience who can give you better info. Good luck!

Thank you, I'll have to give that a go if I can figure out how to back it up, lol. Hopefully it'll work because I really don't want to lose my town :(

Take the SD Card out, while your system is off, of course. Put the SD Card into the SD Card reader of your computer, let it load the files, copy the files from the SD Card to your system.

Boom. It's backed up.

Any chance you just accidentally flipped the wifi switch on the right side of the unit?

Any chance you just accidentally flipped the wifi switch on the right side of the unit?

Nope, it says that I have internet access and everything and the wifi switch is definitely on - it can find the access points, it just can't seem to connect and I'm wondering whether it's because I dropped it and it knocked something out of place :/ I can also visit nearby people's towns, just nothing that involves internet access.

Back