• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Hobby ideas for the next AC

Wubajub

FUN SUCKS!
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
I don't know whether this has been mentioned before (Because I'm new) but Animal Crossing needs a better hobby variety. From the GC version it has always been the same old same old and I would like AC3DS to feature something new.

Here's my list:

-Cooking
(Recipies require ingredients to make that can be made or gifted to animals. They can also be eaten! Certain animals may have preferences and if you give them what they like they in return will give you rare furniture. Shops like the cafe could also feature food which is giftable as well.)

-Gardening
(You can have your very own garden in which you can grow cooking ingredients and sellable crops. A seed shop should be implemented into the town which does the obvious and on the island only tropical crops can grow.)

-Mining
(In the cave or around the town rare ores and minerals should be dug from the ground or mined in rocks to be obtained. These ores and minerals sell for a high price but are rare in comparison to more common ones. You can also obtain salt which you can put in your cooking recipies.)

Well there you go. It's not likely that these will be implemented in the next AC but it gives us a little extra something to hope and think about. If you have any ideas or criticisms comment below!

Last edited:
It would be cool to be able to make secret tunnels and passageways throughout your town. It would also be cool to have a blimp.

(Mentions resetti) *shivers*

I would like to have a plot of land where I could grow things without the annoyment of my neighbours telling me to change their catchphrase. Maybe some outdoor furniture in this "plot of land" as well.

(Mentions resetti) *shivers*

I would like to have a plot of land where I could grow things without the annoyment of my neighbours telling me to change their catchphrase. Maybe some outdoor furniture in this "plot of land" as well.

I don't really have much of a probelm with neighbors asking me for things.

How about not turning AC into HM?
Cooking is more a HM tjing than any AC thing.
No offense meant but I'd rather 2 games didn't crossbreed to the extent that we might have Jack from AC talking to Jack from HM.

I don't mind other ideas though.
I like the others ones that I've heard so far.

I also do not like the cooking idea...I don't care that much for HM (I had bought it with the hopes it would ease my wait for AC, but it didn't).

Personally, I enjoy tending my flowers on ACCF, so I am sure I will on AC3DS. It is the only way I can grow flowers :D (I have a black thumb...the opposite of the green thumb)

I wouldn't worry about first thread noobiness :D I guess I wonder why you would put out something that you would hate in the first place though :rolleyes:

Not a hobby, but I'd like there to be more variety of trees in AC:3DS. Just having conifers, regular trees and 5 fruit trees got boring. Being a tree expert and an aspiring landscape architect, I'd love to see more types of trees and no dead spots so I can landscape my town perfectly.

I hope you can climb trees! and i hope they bring back flower holding from Doubutsu no Mori e+

That can be a hobby ( I think).

Makes me wish for wind in the next game. I would love to see trees like willows swaying in the wind.

The landscaping part is, the tree variety isn't. Landscaping my town is one of my favorite parts of Animal Crossing. When I couldn't do it anymore on City Folk, I almost immediately stopped. As for the willows, you can have them as long as they are native.

@Kip: Climbing trees would be cool, but they are small and you wouldn't be able to anywhere. Maybe that could be the new way to catch presents!

I don't know whether this has been mentioned before (Because I'm new) but Animal Crossing needs a better hobby variety. From the GC version it has always been the same old same old and I would like AC3DS to feature something new.

Here's my list:

-Cooking
(Recipies require ingredients to make that can be made or gifted to animals. They can also be eaten! Certain animals may have preferences and if you give them what they like they in return will give you rare furniture. Shops like the cafe could also feature food which is giftable as well.)

-Gardening
(You can have your very own garden in which you can grow cooking ingredients and sellable crops. A seed shop should be implemented into the town which does the obvious and on the island only tropical crops can grow.)

-Mining
(In the cave or around the town rare ores and minerals should be dug from the ground or mined in rocks to be obtained. These ores and minerals sell for a high price but are rare in comparison to more common ones. You can also obtain salt which you can put in your cooking recipies.)

Well there you go. It's not likely that these will be implemented in the next AC but it gives us a little extra something to hope and think about. If you have any ideas or criticisms comment below!

Cooking
Gardening
Mining

Cooking
Gardening
Mining

Cooking
Gardening
Mining

Cooking
Gardening
Mining

17027300.jpg

Nuf said.

Took me a few minutes to make that, glad my time which I could have spent studying for my history exam tomorrow was appreciated by someone.

Until now I never realised these "hobbies" were in Harvest Moon (DEEEEEEEERRRRRRP) and as a result there is a life lesson to be learnt from this kids: DONT F**K THINGS UP!

Thank-you for your time.

Back on topic are there any OTHER hobby ideas for Animal Crossing?

To be honest i would love to have cooking on Animal Crossing.

I really hope they make it so the players can have picnics like the Animals/Villagers Did.

Back