• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Houses and HHA and ... Shopping. Oh, my!

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
A lot happened over the weekend, but I was away from my computer, so I wasn't able to tell anyone about it. Catch-up time! :)

I finally passed Creepy Lyle's theme challenge in Salem, getting all the golden exterior parts, so I was able to start putting the house together the way I want it. Right now, it's a whole lot of empty, but that's kind of fun, too. I'm doing the regal series upstairs, refurbished to royal blue, using the regal carpet and stately wall. They actually go quite nicely together. Once I have a few more pieces of furniture, I'll post pics.

As for the exterior, I got the black tile roof, white stone exterior, picket fence (I knew there was a white fence), and the arched zen door will be installed today. Just looking for a mailbox to complete the look.

Salem is currently littered with place markers for trees and bushes; I'm slowly building my forest and hedges. Still need a 10th villager, so I'm not going too crazy yet, but it's getting there. I'm still on the fence about keeping Hazel. No decisions until I get her picture, though.

Apple showed up in the campsite, and she was adorable, but I'm holding out for a Lazy right now. My short-list is Beau (yes, I know he's on lots of dreamie lists, but I've never had any deer, so it could be fun), Filbert (he was in my ACGC town, and I absolutely loved him), Joey, and Walker, but it isn't set in stone.

Dizzy was looking for me to get a petition signed - Longer Naps for Everyone. No problem, Diz. I'm totally behind that one.

Joan wanted 106 for turnips, so I passed on that this week.

In Hollowyn, it's been just as busy. Found a number of items for Sapphire, Flint, and Jett to store away, placed tree and bush markers, and paid off Emerald's house. *happy dance*

When Creepy Lyle accosted me outside the house the next day, I chose the rustic theme. After the first day, I hit 670,000 points. I went through and stripped everything that wasn't part of the theme - pics, lucky items, etc. I also swapped the alpine furniture with the classic I had in the basement, because I have more classic items. Dressed the mannequins in appropriate outfits, and was told my score yesterday was 1,310,468. Woo and hoo. Now I can ignore the weasel and do what I want with my house.

Flint and Jett have almost paid off their loans so they can get the upstairs expansion. I'll move Flint into his "apartment" upstairs, but Jett will have to wait until the basement is built for his living quarters.

Saturday, Gracie was in the Plaza. She gave me "fun and flashy" for a theme. I borrowed a jester hat and colorful socks from Erin in Salem, ordered the rest of the jester items from the NB's shop, and was able to pass once the mail was delivered. Turns out that was the final check, so the store is closed today for renovation. I'll finally have T.I.Y. in both towns, and I'll be able to get the 4th mannequin for both Emerald and Sapphire (Flint has 2 and Jett is still working on getting any). I just need to catch Isabelle sleeping in Hollowyn so I can build the Dream Suite and Main Street will be complete.

Stitches asked me to get a petition signed for him - he wanted a Shoe Tying Instruction Clinic. Pretty sure none of the villagers wear shoes, but maybe if they had this clinic, they would learn. Anyway, can't say no to my cub.

I didn't manage to find any tarantulas in either town. I'll keep hunting for them, because I'd really like to complete the catalogs. I did catch a diving beetle for Hollowyn, though.

So, that's everything up to speed.

Wow! I'd love to see some pictures of your house(s). They sound great! :)

Also, do you know how many HHA points you need for Lyle to suggest counting exterior/working with an overall theme? I'm trying to get there, but I'm not sure how.

I'll post a couple today.

Lyle won't let you start the theme challenge until you've completely paid off all expansion loans on your house, but you can start getting it ready beforehand, if you know the theme you want to try. That's what I did in Hollowyn, so I finished after 2 days.

Once you start the theme, you get a different exterior part for 300K, 500K, 700K, 900K, and 1.1million points. Don't install any of the golden exteriors during the challenge, unless you are using toy shop or antique, though. I used a couple of guides online to find furniture that fit my theme, as well as clothing for my mannequins. Oh, and you can have the same series in more than one room. Erin in Salem won with 2 balloon series, 2 egg series, and 1 robo.

Hope that helps. :)

Imbri;bt10690 said:
I'll post a couple today.

Lyle won't let you start the theme challenge until you've completely paid off all expansion loans on your house, but you can start getting it ready beforehand, if you know the theme you want to try. That's what I did in Hollowyn, so I finished after 2 days.

Once you start the theme, you get a different exterior part for 300K, 500K, 700K, 900K, and 1.1million points. Don't install any of the golden exteriors during the challenge, unless you are using toy shop or antique, though. I used a couple of guides online to find furniture that fit my theme, as well as clothing for my mannequins. Oh, and you can have the same series in more than one room. Erin in Salem won with 2 balloon series, 2 egg series, and 1 robo.

Hope that helps. :)

Thank you so much! That helped a bunch. I'll try it out. :)

Back