• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How did you feel about your "forced" camper? *Got my camper today!*

How did you feel about your "forced" camper?

• Loved them!

Votes: 62 19.7%
  • Disliked them!

Votes: 114 36.3%
  • No opinion on them! (Indifference)

Votes: 54 17.2%
  • They grew on me over time!

Votes: 85 27.1%
  • Hated them over time!

Votes: 35 11.1%

• Total voters

N a t

In the name of the Moon, Indeedaroo!
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Sheep Plush
Blue Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Yellow Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
So I'm getting the first camper that has to move in tomorrow. On my previous island my first camper was Raymond and that was great, but I'm not at all expecting that to happen again. I like only about 3 or 4 Smug villagers in this game and I'm so afraid to get someone I really dislike tomorrow since I've vowed to play day by day. Even with amiibo, I'll be stuck with whoever I get tomorrow for a while. Just wanted to see how others faired while I wait for tomorrow to come. Also pray for me lol.

Edit: So I got my camper... It was Hans! I'm not thrilled but at the same time I'm super relieved that it's not someone I dislike. Hans is middle of the road for me. He won't be permanent but we'll get along for now :)

Last edited:
i started loving him even tho i wasnt excited about him at first. I honestly really like this as a feature. Yes they give you the choice to choose most of your villagers and you can always move out the ones you don't like, but it's still nice to have the random factor in the game, so you can meet new characters and grow to love them

I love that I know who you're talking about hahaha

hahaha. if i had to answer your question in more detail though, i might even say that he grew on me a little. just a little. but definitely not someone i'll keep for long. but whenever i get friends come visit my island, i mention that i have him LOL and once they visit his house they're suddenly shocked how cool it looks and they say "he's not that bad". i got this like 3 times!!!

I had Lionel who I wasnt super excited about at the start but I enjoyed his company! Hes moved on now but I liked him more than I expected :)

Mine was Tex, a smug penguin. He was fine I guess, but he asked to leave of his own accord last week, and I didn't stop him :)

hahaha. if i had to answer your question in more detail though, i might even say that he grew on me a little. just a little. but definitely not someone i'll keep for long. but whenever i get friends come visit my island, i mention that i have him LOL and once they visit his house they're suddenly shocked how cool it looks and they say "he's not that bad". i got this like 3 times!!!
I've never seen his house so that's kinda cool! Everyone hates him the moment they see him and tbh I'm also guilty of disliking his appearance, I'm not crazy about that particular species to begin with in this game but I don't think I've genuinely ever hated any villager with like, an actual passion or emotion. It just feels more like a chore having them around. Regardless, someone out there loves him and that makes me feel better!

I've never seen his house so that's kinda cool! Everyone hates him the moment they see him and tbh I'm also guilty of disliking his appearance, I'm not crazy about that particular species to begin with in this game but I don't think I've genuinely ever hated any villager with like, an actual passion or emotion. It just feels more like a chore having them around. Regardless, someone out there loves him and that makes me feel better!

his interior had a glow up!
spoilers below

latest
EUim3nsUwAA-0eF.jpg

Colton. yuck.
safe to say I eradicated him as soon as possible with amiibo

I say eradicated, but I actually found a madman who wanted to adopt him so I guess there's that.
great to know there's someone for everyone, even if they're super gross

Holy cow like it's actually not horrible. Like, I can appreciate that. It's a fun look!

right? considering the repetitive interior of villagers, this is fun.
one of my friends got eugene, and his interior couldn't be more unfit for his vibe. he got the raymond office look going on, when this type of interior would fit him more!

Mine was Julian... I don't mind him but he is pretty boring to me. He is moved out now. The only good thing about him was his insane house interior. Best of luck with your villager tomorrow! Hope you get someone you like

Mine was Julian...he's grown on me but I'm not really his biggest fan. I'd rather have Kyle or Shep, but he's definitely not the worst.

Back