• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How do you decide if you want to keep a villager or not?

Bearica

(♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Cake
So I had Beau move in to my town from the campsite today, and he's really cute but I'm not sure if I want to keep him! I already have 2 lazy villagers but he's really growing on me.
So, TBT, what do YOU do when you can't decide if you want to keep a villager or not? :blush:

If you are questioning it, then you probably dont want him. :). When you want a villager, you know, so if you are hedging, he probably doesnt belong there.

If you are questioning it, then you probably dont want him. :). When you want a villager, you know, so if you are hedging, he probably doesnt belong there.

Very good point! The only reason I moved him in was to hopefully trade him for a dreamie, so yeah, you're probably right. He is awfully cute though.

Sometimes it's pretty obvious, but sometimes I'm a little more iffy. Usually I just look to see if there are any other villagers of that personality type that I want more since I want at least one of every personality, although sometimes the villagers grow on me and I end up keeping them. If I'm really on the fence I'll just keep them until I make a decision. There have been times when I've let villagers go and ended up regretting it.

I'm pretty iffy about Beau though. I have him and like him, and I love his house, but he seems pretty boring for how popular he is. I'm probably going to try to trade him for Bam.

I'd tend to have at least one of each personality (Peppy, Smug, Jock etc.) then I tend to judge them on their looks (Rocco just left thank god. Must update signature as well lol).
I only need to kick Bud and maybe Frita out and get either Chief or Octavian. The last slot I can fill in with any villager I might give away.

I've gotten pretty lucky on my Campsite (Diana and Rosie) so if I get another good villager, I'll be sure to help someone out!

Last edited:
I agree he is cute, he was one of my favorites when i had him. You never know, he might grow on you. Al though, whenever i was on thr fence about someone, i always remained on the fence no matter how hard i tried. That might just be me, though... :)

Thanks everyone! I'll hold onto him just in case he really does grow on me, at least until I find someone wanting to trade him for Diana or something. c:

i feel like for me sometimes i trick myself into liking really popular villagers because i have this weird panic that if i ever let them go, i won't be able to get them again or it would be really hard to get them again.

not that i don't legitimately like some of the more "popular" villagers, because i do! but i've gotten ones before in my campsite where i feel like maybe their desirability sways me to want to keep them where otherwise i wouldn't. fauna was an example of that, i didn't really like her but i kept thinking i might as well keep her because she's so expensive to get otherwise. i didn't like her though and i don't regret letting her move away!

If you like to collect pictures you could just keep him until you get his picture, which might be a while so you get time to decide whether or not you'd like to keep him!

My personal guide to keeping villagers:

Are they cute? Cuteness is key in my town. Imo, all my villagers are cute, so Jambette, for example, wouldn't fit in.

Personality? I tend to have a soft spot for normals and lazies. I'm always thinking 'ah, what's one more?' If it's a jock, I'll 99.9% of the time hate them (unless it's Bill <3) and same with peppies, unless it's Rosie.

Are they sweet? Cuteness x personality = sweet. They need to look adorable, be adorable.

Do you 'click' with them? Do you go out of your way to talk to them? After speaking to them, do you think 'ah, what's another conversation going to hurt?'

Back