• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

how exactly does the campsite work?

Wren

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Built my campsite a couple of days ago.
Was ecstatic to find Lolly camping the next day.
I talked to her a couple of times, she never asked me to play games but she did ask me about moving in.
I said yes
I talked to her a few more times, still no games, but she did say she might go for a walk and decide where to build her house
Today she is gone from the campsite (never did offer to play any games) and she hasn't built a house anywhere that I can find.

My questions:
Do the villagers you ask to move in usually move in the next day or will it take a few days for her to come back? (I currently have 9 villagers)
Do campers usually visit for more than one day
Is it odd that she never offered to play any games
Could this have been a glitch in my game, is Lolly lost forever? *sniff* :(
Could my spotty rural satellite internet be at fault?

thanks in advance for any advice or info you have to offer

I had a random villager in my campsite yesterday too although I did play about 5 games with her (including a game where if I win, she moves in and if I lose, she doesn't) and she said she'd be moving in but I haven't got her today either so it's not a glitch in your game, it must just take a few days.

Well... mine made me play a game to make her move im, but if Lolly asked you to move in and you said yes... I don't see why she wouldn't come. This game is still new, so even though she didn't ask to play games it doesn't mean she won't move in. And it takes a few days usually so it's fine if she's not in your town the next day after she camped. ^^ Your internet is most likely not at fault, you don't need internet for a camper to move in as far as I know. You'll most likely get her soon so don't worry too much! AND GRATS. And also, the villager only needs to be told once to move in, if they ask you and you say yes (and in the case of a game for right to have that villager in your town, you win) then they don't need to camp more than one day to get them.

In my experience, it takes one full day after they leave the campsite for you to see their house being built. It's normal for you to not see a house the day that they leave from the campsite; I'm not sure it's even possible for them to move in that soon.

In response to your other questions, yes, I do think it odd that she didn't request to play any games with you, but it may just have been a fluke or a result of not talking to her enough. It is also possible that various personality types may be more or less interested in playing(I think peppy may be the most probable to play many games with you.)

I also don't believe campers will ever overstay their single "one-day" routine.
Your internet, however, most definitely has nothing to do with whether or not a camper moves in.

I say just wait until tomorrow. From the way it sounds, Lolly was convinced into moving in and her house building spot will be there in the morning.

I had to talk to Lucky several times and play a few games with him before he asked to play a final game with me. If I won, he'd move in. Be wary though as they will make you play games where they'll take your items away, so bring things you don't really need with you!

He didn't set up a plot of land until 2 days later, though.

Lolly has to go home and pack her bags silly.

It probably takes a couple days. I wouldn't know. Nobody ever visits my campsite :'c

It took 2 days before Erik?s plot popped up in my town, they have to pack their stuff you know ;)

I had Shep camping yesterday. We played plenty of games but after I said he should move in the games stopped. Maybe they don't play once you've invited them to the town? His fence isn't there today either but I assumed it'd be a day or two anyway.

I had Shep camping yesterday. We played plenty of games but after I said he should move in the games stopped. Maybe they don't play once you've invited them to the town? His fence isn't there today either but I assumed it'd be a day or two anyway.

Mine still played games with me even after she said she'd move in.

Hello Lolly!

Yes, Lolly did arrive. Thanks everyone!

I think it was 2 days later (after I asked her to move in) for her plot to show up and then she arrived the day after that. Just seeing her cute little face wandering around my town puts a smile on my face.

Back