• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How many ANIMAL and CHARACTER villagers can you have?

CHR:)S

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
And does each charater seriously have their own house?

Also, when you are on one character, can you see the other characters walking around town like the animals? Or do they just disappear until you play on them which seems very unrealistic.

You can have 4 characters and yes each one gets their own house. Only 1 character is the mayor. The other 3 are just residents.
I don't think you can see them walking around town but when you visit someone's town in a dream, you can see them walking around.
The most villagers we have seen in a town so far is 10 but we believe the max is 12. The gap between the 9th villager and 10th can be extremely long and we aren't sure yet why that is. I believe it has something to do with town progress.

Haha yah I know what you mean. If I dont at least 1 person i like I'm resetting. Btw, when you first start your town, you start off with 5 villagers.

I will keep resetting until I get Walker. I bet you want Kid Cat!

I do and i tried to to reset like 1000x for him in other games and was unsuccesful lol. I will reset until I get someone i like in New Leaf.

Oh and i have had Walker like three times.

I'm curious -do all of the player characters and their houses show up in others peoples' model home neighborhood through StreetPass? Or is the mayor's home/character the only one transferred?

I'm curious -do all of the player characters and their houses show up in others peoples' model home neighborhood through StreetPass? Or is the mayor's home/character the only one transferred?

So far, only the "mayor's" home shows up. I'm not sure how other houses can show up, if that's possible.

I have certain characters I want in my town but there are about 300-400 characters in the game so I dont plan on resetting for characters, only for perfect town shape.

I have certain characters I want in my town but there are about 300-400 characters in the game so I dont plan on resetting for characters, only for perfect town shape.
I'm doing the same thing. There are some villagers I would love to have in my town, but at the same time the layout has always been my top priority for any of the games in the series. So glad they give us three map options to choose from each reset.

Can anyone give me examples, possibly visual aid (pictures) to show me what map layouts are most coveted?

I want to know what I am looking for. I have absolutely no idea how map layouts are to begin with.

Back