• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

how to get a villager back? ;n;

irisubunny

alright
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Dusty Scroll
Red Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Mailbox
Cake
so i TT'd like a couple days backwards, not that many, and Zell, my most favorite villager ever ever ever, decided to move without telling me. now he's packed up and i can't do anything about it and i'm gonna go cry in a corner. i'm not even kidding i started tearing up over some pixels. i don't want to restart my town because i've gotten pretty far, and i don't know what else to do because i don't think there's any possible way to stop them when they're already packed up. so i'm just wondering, is there ANNNY way to somehow get a villager come back into your town even if they move? i've heard of something called cycling through 16 villagers or something, like that'll make them come back..? i'm really not sure. i just wanna know if there's some way to get him back ;n;

You'll have to wait until you've had another 16 villagers in your town before he'll come back. I think it's probably easier to do that than it is to restart completely.

Get a friend to hold him for you and cycle through sixteen villagers. That's the easiest way. I've lost Chrissy, Beau and Pietro due to time traveling, which was pretty hard. But I decided not to cycle to get them back, it's just too much work. Nintendo isn't very nice.

Last edited:
Apparently I've heard you also have to wait until they're not walking around your main street anymore after the cycle.. :3

Apparently I've heard you also have to wait until they're not walking around your main street anymore after the cycle.. :3

I think the 16 cycle is when they will stop showing up. Apparently you can only have 16 old villagers at a time in Main Street.

I'm trying to get Blaire back so I need these tips too xD

I don't get the 16 cycle thing, I'm pretty sure I already went through 16 villagers but none of my old ones have come back. I stopped seeing a few, like Felicity and Francine for example. I think that once it goes through 16, it goes to an outbox of some sort and if you wifi or street pass another person they get the villager. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen anyone get a villager back yet after going through 16. Is there proof to it?

I don't get the 16 cycle thing, I'm pretty sure I already went through 16 villagers but none of my old ones have come back. I stopped seeing a few, like Felicity and Francine for example. I think that once it goes through 16, it goes to an outbox of some sort and if you wifi or street pass another person they get the villager. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen anyone get a villager back yet after going through 16. Is there proof to it?

Did you go to someone else's town and try to get one of your old villagers and it didn't work?

Get a friend to hold him for you and cycle through sixteen villagers.

reaaally delayed post, but then that means i have to get someone to hold him for me. is anybody willing to? i really don't know where to post a thread for people to hold villagers >.<;

cant u just ask to to move in frm another town? What is this "16" rules? I never heard of it.

cant u just ask to to move in frm another town? What is this "16" rules? I never heard of it.

If you want to have a moved out villager back in your town, you need to move out 16 other villagers first.

Also, you never heard of it? I've seen these villager threads and posts EVERYWHERE!

After you go through 16 villagers, it doesn't mean they show up again immediately... it means you can have that same villager again if you get them from another town or campsite.

For example, if Mitzi moved out, it doesn't have to be the same exact Mitzi to get her again after cycling 16 villagers.

Last edited:
After you go through 16 villagers, it doesn't mean they show up again immediately... it means you can have that same villager again if you get them from another town or campsite.

For example, if Mitzi moved out, it doesn't have to be the same exact Mitzi to get her again after cycling 16 villagers.
Ohh I get it. But it'll only work from another town, so they won't remember you?

Also, it's worth mentioning that TTing backwards any amount of time(whether you're going form the 25th to the 20th, or the 25th to the 25th of last month) only counts as "one" day in game. If you're going backwards day by day, it counts as multiple days of course. Unfortunately, it seems Zell was selected five days ago and you never realized it ;-;

Good luck getting him back <3

Villagers will visit occasionally in your shopping area. When you see Zell talk to him every day he's there and he might come back sooner. I've noticed that the more I talk to old villagers in the shopping district the more likely they are to come back.

Back