• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How will House placement work?

HayHey

SHAWOL <3
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Red Candy
Now that we are able to place our houses in a chosen spot, will we be able to see a preview of the house and how do we actually 'place' it? Do we stand in the spot of our choice and it will go directly in the middle of were we stand or the edge, etc?
I'm just curious because with the information that i already know it seems that it would be difficult to get the house exactly were we would like.

I think it will work like you know how the girl wanted to plant the topiary(i think) and it gives her a preview of what it will look like when it's been paid for? I think it will work like that.. somehow..

I was thinking the same way Fame is. I'd think it would be similar to placing town decorations.

I just hope it isn't too hard to get the house in the right spot! I'm a little obsessive compulsive so I might have to try 10 times to get it right! xD

I hope we can choose completely, not like in CF where the houses are set and you have to pick one. I think it'll work the way we want, but the only thing is that when will they have time to build?! Ohh! Unless that's what the tent is for- just for a few days until they finish your house? If that's the case, then maybe you'll stay in a tent whenever you upgrade your house?? :confused:

I hope we can choose completely, not like in CF where the houses are set and you have to pick one. I think it'll work the way we want, but the only thing is that when will they have time to build?! Ohh! Unless that's what the tent is for- just for a few days until they finish your house? If that's the case, then maybe you'll stay in a tent whenever you upgrade your house?? :confused:

Maybe Tom Nook will give a tent to live in for free until you pay for a house. I also think it will be like past games, you pay off your mortgage and then the next day BAM, your house is bigger.

Yeah I don't think the game would make you live in a tent every time you upgraded your house! I find it kind of odd that the new mayor is going to live in a tent at all at first, though. xD But I do kind of like the idea. It seems kind of cute.

"We're so happy to have you as our mayor [Player Name]! Here's where you'll be staying."
"This is a tent."
"Yep!"

"We're so happy to have you as our mayor [Player Name]! Here's where you'll be staying."
"This is a tent."
"Yep!"

Haha, yes. The tent really makes sense, though. Since you're picking your spot, it wouldn't make sense for your house to appear magically in seconds.

I find it kind of odd that the new mayor is going to live in a tent at all at first, though. xD
Maybe because of the whole accidentally-becoming-mayor sort of thing that was revealed in the last video, it's like, you come to the town and they're like "Crap we weren't expecting this! Uh.. uh.. here's a tent!" I don't know :p I'm curious about the whole accidental mayor thing! But I agree the whole tent thing is really cute :3

I think it will work like the lady put the shrub down.Tom nook will follow you and give you a preview.

I remember seeing a translated video (it may be the newest one) where Tom Nook is following the player, and then the player stops to talk to him, and he asks if that's where they want their house. So yes, it will work just like as if you are putting a topiary or a bench in your town.

I remember seeing a translated video (it may be the newest one) where Tom Nook is following the player, and then the player stops to talk to him, and he asks if that's where they want their house. So yes, it will work just as it does if you are putting a topiary or a bench in your town.

I remember seeing a translated video (it may be the newest one) where Tom Nook is following the player, and then the player stops to talk to him, and he asks if that's where they want their house. So yes, it will work just as it does if you are putting a topiary or a bench in your town. :)

In one of the translated video's (cant remember wich one but it's somewhere in the translation topic) it showed Tom Nook following you and some dialogue saying: ''Is this where you want to place your house?'' So i guess its kinda confirmed :D

In one of the translated video's (cant remember wich one but it's somewhere in the translation topic) it showed Tom Nook following you and some dialogue saying: ''Is this where you want to place your house?'' So i guess its kinda confirmed ;)

In one of the translated video's (can't remember wich one but it's somewhere in the translation topic) it showed Tom Nook following you and some dialogue saying: ''Is this where you want to place your house?'' So i guess its kinda confirmed ;)

In one of the translated video's it showed Tom Nook following you and asking if this is the place where you want your house, so it is confirmed, Yay! :D

It will work just like it was shown in the videos. Shizue (you guys keep calling her "that lady", she has a name though!), the mayor's assistant will come with you when you choose your placement. You talk to her in the vicinity of where you want it and it'll show a preview of what it would look like if you built it there, then you can select yes/no.

It will work just like it was shown in the videos. Shizue (you guys keep calling her "that lady", she has a name though!), the mayor's assistant will come with you when you choose your placement. You talk to her in the vicinity of where you want it and it'll show a preview of what it would look like if you built it there, then you can select yes/no.

It looked from the video that the placement was just in the general area of where you ask for it to be placed. I don't know for sure if that's how it works (such as a block system from GCN), but I don't think it'll bother me all that much. I (along with many others) am planning on putting my house by the waterfall or right near the beach.

Back