• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

HYBRID help please!!!!! tips! :)

Ediiee12

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
i've recently started going crazy trying to grow hybrids in particular Roses! but im having alot of difficulty! idk what im doing wrong .. im using the x-x-x pattern but haven't seen a hybrid in days!!
-x-x-
x-x-x
could it be i am watering all the plants in my whole town, should i only be watering the flowers i want to breed?

i have the beautiful town ordinance on also .. THANKS :)

Water those you want to breed...
Thats what I have done and I get a new plant almost every day.

Watering flowers increases the chance of a hybrid spawning, so water the flower pairs you want to hybridize.

Say you have a patch of red and yellow roses and you want a few orange roses. Water that patch, and you should be seeing orange roses pop up the next day if you're lucky.

Water those you want to breed...
Thats what I have done and I get a new plant almost every day.

yeah i think thats what im doing wrong cuz i water all the plants lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Watering flowers increases the chance of a hybrid spawning, so water the flower pairs you want to hybridize.

Say you have a patch of red and yellow roses and you want a few orange roses. Water that patch, and you should be seeing orange roses pop up the next day if you're lucky.
oh ok i see .. im trying to breed Black roses so i have a whole patch of reds together but i think since im watering all the plants in my town thats why i havent seen a rose in days from that patch lol not even a regular red roses

Oh ueahh, I use the X formation, plant fertilizers and just water three times for the fun of it xD

are you using hybrid red roses or just regular red roses to breed black ones? you need hybrid red roses to breed black roses.
uh i havent used hybrid reds i just use the black ones i already have but you can find some helpful charts and guides for breeding!

*EDIT*
oops uh I thought it was hybrid red, those are for blue, not black lol. I think you should try buying some fertilizer because it makes the chances of hybrids growing better

Last edited:
Oh ueahh, I use the X formation, plant fertilizers and just water three times for the fun of it xD

haha i water like all day every flower i see i water lol and since i have the golden watering can it takes forever when i just stop to water 1 hahaha :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

are you using hybrid red roses or just regular red roses to breed black ones? you need hybrid red roses to breed black roses.
uh i havent used hybrid reds i just use the black ones i already have but you can find some helpful charts and guides for breeding!

*EDIT*
oops uh I thought it was hybrid red, those are for blue, not black lol. I think you should try buying some fertilizer because it makes the chances of hybrids growing better

hahaha Yeah for black roses its red x red .. for blue its hybrid red x hybrid red lol... im just trying for black right now .. i think it was that im watering everything in my town instead of just the flowers i want to breed.. ima try that today and see if it was that or not lol :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

does it help having the beautifull town irdinance on? or will that just make more flowers grow decreasing the change of a hybrid spawning ?? since i heard only 5 flowers can grow overnight in your town?? idk if thats true or not

It does help to have Beautiful Town on. However, if you have 1000 flowers, then there's about a 1/500 chance that the one particular pair of roses can give you a hybrid. If you only had 500 flowers then you would have a 1/250 chance, so the less flowers, the higher your chances. Also if you only have red roses out in your town it means that you'll only get rose hybrids which makes your chances even greater. You can only have up to 5 new flowers spawn per day.

Back