• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Hybrids?

renifi

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I have a question about hybrids.
From my understanding, the best way to breed them is:
oxoxoxo
xoxoxox
oxoxoxo
xoxoxox

Does it matter what color you're using?
Say, if I was trying to breed Red-Orange pansies.
Would I go Row 1: Yellow
Row 2: White
Row 3: Yellow
etc.

Or is there a better way to do it? Thanks.

Do you mind if I ask my on question about hybrids here to?

Which town ordnance is the best to grow Hybrids becuse i heard that beautiful town makes it harder to get them! and how should the flowers be placed?

I'm not sure about the beautiful town ordinance. It makes it so flowers won't wilt and therefore don't need to be watered (although I heard watering them even if they're health does improve chances of a hybrid.)

I don't think it matters how the colours are placed either, as long as they're next to each other in some way (diagonal, vertical, or horizontal) and that there's space for a hybrid to appear.

I don't believe beautiful flower makes it more difficult to get them. You still have to water the flowers that you're trying breed though.

Also, from my understanding it's
oxoxoxo
xoxoxox
oxoxoxo
xoxoxox

x=flower, o=empty space

I might have misunderstood you so apologies if that's the case! But for the red/orange pansies, I'd do a diagonal line of red ones, and then a diagonal line of yellow ones. The diagram you've given is recommended as it offers a lot of space around the flowers for new ones to pop up, but having them next to each other in any pattern works really :)

http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/51137777970/animal-crossing-new-leaf-hybrids is helpful in showing you which colours you need for which hybrid.

Also, I've found it easier with the beautiful ordinance, seeing as you don't have to water any other flowers to stop them wilting you can just water the ones you want to breed. So I'm currently only watering my blue roses and new ones pop up each day.

Last edited:
I always just use one each of whatever I am trying to get hybrids from: example, I want orange pansies, so I plant one red pansy and put one yellow pansy right beside it. I've always bred my flowers that way and I have a ton of hybrids.

@StormBlader.....Beautiful Town Ordinance means flowers never wilt, so they never need to be watered. But, to get hybrids, the "parent" flowers need to be watered. I think the BTO makes breeding hybrids easier, because you can water only the flowers you're trying to breed without having to worry about any of the other flowers wilting.

I was just using red/orange as a general example, but you did answer my question. :)

Thank you guys for the help! I appreciate it.

The villagers water the flowers a lot. My friend's town had a huge patch of black and pink roses because of them, even though I don't think he even owns a watering can :p

I got two blue roses and I would like to breed more so how do you plant them? Do you plant them next toneachother or like one space away?

Even with a beautiful town ordinance still water them, this is a signal for the flowers to breed.

Back