• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I am sorry to have been gone so long

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
It's been roughly a year and a half since I've posted here. I'm sorry if you all thought I'd fallen off the edge of the earth or forgotten everyone.

I stopped coming when I stopped playing ACNL. Actually, the last day I played was Oct. 16, 2013. I know that because on Oct. 17th, my baby Blaze had a seizure and I had to put him down. The only consolation was that he had lived a long, happy life - he was a little over 18 years old - and I was there; he didn't have to go through it alone. I was home when the seizure hit and he was in my arms at the very end. The vet's office made a lovely impression of his paw, and it sits on my mantle next to the wooden box with his ashes. That probably sounds morbid, doesn't it? It really isn't.

I also had my favorite picture of him professionally converted to a counted cross-stitch chart. I'm planning to start working on that soon.

The house isn't empty, though. It was tough coming home alone, so after a week, my mother dragged me (quite literally) to a shelter "just to look". I kept saying I wasn't ready, but there were two little girls who were just 8 weeks old there. One was all black and the other a tuxedo. Of course we held them and "ooh'd" and "ahh'd" over them... how can you not? When they were put back in the cage, both stuck their paws out the cage door, crying for me to hold them again.

Yep, they know a sucker when they see one.

I filled out the adoption papers and brought them both home that day.

Now, my little puffballs, Raven and Maggie (short for Magpie, because she was a talker right from the get-go), are almost a year and a half old. They think they are quite grown up, but I know differently. It doesn't make me miss Blaze any less, but these girls have carved out their own places, and I couldn't imagine life without them.

View attachment 234624

Ugh, I don't want to get too sappy.

I still haven't looked at Salem; I'm almost afraid to. I just know it's going to be a mess and I'm not sure I want to know who has moved out on me. I'll have to bite the bullet soon, though.

In the meantime, because I don't go online, but I wanted to be able to visit someone, I picked up another 3DS and copy of ACNL. This town is called Hollowyn and the Mayor is Emerald. The other mule characters are Sapphire, Flint, and Jett. I'm in the process of getting things set up so I can go full-on landscape mode, so right now, there are way too many trees to dodge.

I could have chosen a better layout, but the town started with Stitches and Lolly, so I decided to keep it. The other cast of characters are Antonio, Anabelle, Purrl, Eugene, Shari, Keaton, Rizzo (I can't seem to get rid of him!), and I just convinced Pekoe to move in from the campsite this morning. Once her house is up, I can start planning out the forests, flowers, etc. I'm planning to keep it very rural, without patterns, and hope to create a "village in the forest" kind of feel. We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm back and I hope to start chatting with you again.

Attachments

• 20131212_120219.jpg
    20131212_120219.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 33
I am so sorry about Blaze; that must have been really hard. I was in kind of a similar situation a couple years back, so I can understand a little bit. And Raven and Maggie are so cute ^-^

Welcome back, though, I hope things go well for you.

Welcome back!!! I missed you so much! Your one of my favorite people here on TBT. I love your Blogs. :')

I'm very sorry to hear about Blaze. I understand what its like to have to put down a beloved family member. I'm sure that he will be greatly missed. My sincerest condolences. :(

However, it's nice to hear that you adopted two new kitties, and I hope to hear some updates about them soon!

stargate;bt9256 said:
I am so sorry about Blaze; that must have been really hard. I was in kind of a similar situation a couple years back, so I can understand a little bit. And Raven and Maggie are so cute ^-^

Welcome back, though, I hope things go well for you.

Thank you, stargate. It was hard, but enough time has gone by that I can remember the good times we had, how much he loved me, and how lucky I was that he was with me for so long. I do still get sad once in a while, but the girls keep me on my toes. :D

I'm glad to be back and look forward to chatting with everyone again.

MeghanNewLeaf;bt9259 said:
Welcome back!!! I missed you so much! Your one of my favorite people here on TBT. I love your Blogs. :')

I'm very sorry to hear about Blaze. I understand what its like to have to put down a beloved family member. I'm sure that he will be greatly missed. My sincerest condolences. :(

However, it's nice to hear that you adopted two new kitties, and I hope to hear some updates about them soon!

Aw, thank you, Meghan! I've missed you, too! That's very sweet of you to say, and I hope to keep my blog interesting enough for you. ;)

Thank you for the kind words about Blaze; he will be missed, but I'm glad that I was able to know when it was time to say goodbye, and not try to keep him with me longer for my own selfish reasons. It's a difficult decision, but he was ready.

I promise there will be much about the Twin Terrors. They manage to get into quite a lot!

I just subscribed to your Blogs to keep up with them and to hear more about your town. I actually just saw this one today, and I have to say that I'm sending you my condolences for Blaze's loss. I remember reading one of your other posts some time back about him and I really hoped that he wouldn't have to leave us so soon. However, I'm glad to hear that you've got Raven and Maggie to keep you company! I absolutely love the photos of them and their names are very creative. :)
I can't wait to hear more about Hollowyn!

Back