• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I Fixed It Myself! ^^ Anyone know of a place that fixes used New 3DS XL hinges?

Valzed

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
2305-9568-2503
Island
Amity
Spectral Preserves
Raven Wings Potion
Shadow Kitty Plush
Gourdy
Opalescent Crystal
Gleaming Butterfly Spirit
Black Famous Mushroom
Quirky Doll
Spirit Candy: Wix
Purple Bat Potion
When I first started playing ACNL I bought a used New Nintendo 3DS XL (the Blue Pokemon X/Y version). When my hubby said he was interested in trying NL we bought me a used New Nintendo 2DS XL because I didn't really use the 3D feature & my husband wanted to try the 3D out. About a week ago the right hinge broke on my husband's 3DS XL. The system still works but the top screen isn't attached on the right side any more. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that did repairs so we could see about getting the hinge fixed. I know a used 2DS XL runs about $100 US so we'd be trying to fine a place that would be able to fix the hinge for under $100. I honestly think my husband wants a 2DS XL and we can try to get him one but I'd still like to try to get the 3DS XL fixed if possible.

Any help would be truly appreciated! Thank you!

(P.S. I know there are videos online that can walk you through fixing the hinge on your own but I've read too many peoples comments saying they accidentally bricked their console trying to do it themselves and I'm too much of a chicken to try.)

Last edited:
You can send it in to Nintendo and they'll fix it. Since it's used, I assume you'll have to pay, but I would also think they're the most trustworthy place to get that done. If you go to the page for the problem here, you can follow the links to start a repair request for that particular problem, and I believe it'll give you an estimate of the costs, including shipping, at the end.

You can send it in to Nintendo and they'll fix it. Since it's used, I assume you'll have to pay, but I would also think they're the most trustworthy place to get that done. If you go to the page for the problem here, you can follow the links to start a repair request for that particular problem, and I believe it'll give you an estimate of the costs, including shipping, at the end.

Thank you for the information! I didn't think Nintendo would fix the hinge since I bought the system used. I'm so glad to know I can look into having Nintendo do the repair. Thank you again!

Thank you for the information! I didn't think Nintendo would fix the hinge since I bought the system used. I'm so glad to know I can look into having Nintendo do the repair. Thank you again!

They'll repair it for about $80-$100 (at least, that's what they quoted my when I tried to get my depth slider fixed, could be different depending on what the issue is) there are several people on Ebay that you can send your ds to that can fix it for $30-$50.

They'll repair it for about $80-$100 (at least, that's what they quoted my when I tried to get my depth slider fixed, could be different depending on what the issue is) there are several people on Ebay that you can send your ds to that can fix it for $30-$50.

Yes, when I look into Nintendo it was going to be $102 with shipping so we didn't go that route. I didn't know there were people on eBay who would do it. Thank you for letting me know! We're actually not going to need to send it out to be fixed after all. I fixed the broken hinge myself. I sat down and really looked at the parts and was able to see how they all fit together to create the hinge. Once I had everything together I Super Glued the hinge back onto the 3DS. It works perfectly! It opens & closes with no problems and has full range of motion. My hubby was super happy to have it back so I was thrilled that I was able to fix it for him.

Back