• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I Have Been Resetting For A Map For About 3 Hours Now

dissipvte

Bells
I can not find one that suits me for the life of me. I can't find one that makes me happy with where the tree is placed, the town hall is close to the big tree, and where Re-Tail is close to the middle of the town along with the tree and town hall. I don't want a big river doing as it pleases, I wanted a smaller one. I am having THE worst time trying to find a map that makes me happy, maybe i'm just too picky? I have been trying hard for this map and I am becoming frustrated and upset with my results. :(
Tips, tricks, any ideas, things to look for, anything to help me out with?

Tbh if you're frustrated and haven't even started the game yet, my advice really is just to accept not everything is going to be 100% perfect. I say just get a map and get started :)

Tbh if you're frustrated and haven't even started the game yet, my advice really is just to accept not everything is going to be 100% perfect. I say just get a map and get started :)

I mean, I do understand that not everything is going to be perfect, but I certainly don't want another map I am unhappy with and will likely restart in a month if I'm not any happier than I was before. :(

Take breaks! Reset for like one or two hours and then go do something else! And decide for yourself if you want a map which is "perfect" or a map which is "good enough" (there's nothing wrong with being picky ^_^). Just don't stress yourself over it.

Good luck! ^_^

Take breaks! Reset for like one or two hours and then go do something else! And decide for yourself if you want a map which is "perfect" or a map which is "good enough" (there's nothing wrong with being picky ^_^). Just don't stress yourself over it.

Good luck! ^_^

Thank you! I decided to call a friend and talk while i reset, and reply to my forum and post on here for a little while I retry everything. ( I see that you have Tia, and I think she is ADORABLE. )

I actually reset for 3 days for my two towns and got the exact maps and fruits I wanted. my two maps are also the exact same just opposites of each other and everything is perfect in them to me.

I know it's frustrating, trust me after 3 days I was so angry lol but I knew exactly what I wanted and was determined to get it. that's just my personality maybe so I didn't care too much.

just know there are freaking amazing maps out there & if you're determined and absolutely want it you'll get it in time.

Thank you! I decided to call a friend and talk while i reset, and reply to my forum and post on here for a little while I retry everything. ( I see that you have Tia, and I think she is ADORABLE. )

It's a good idea to do something else while resetting. ^_^ And also make a list of what you really want. My previous town I went with a map which was "good enough" and ended up regretting it later. So when I reset for a map for my current town I was determined to find the perfect map. And I found it! It took me several days, though, but I was pretty much being stubborn and going "I am not stopping before I have found the perfect map!" about it, LOL.

The thing is I don't mind resetting. Yeah, it can be boring as heck but when I did it I was incredibly stressed out because of work and resetting was kinda relaxing for me, LOL. I also reset for my villagers (spent three days trying to get Molly to show up in my campsite) and was always very happy when the correct plot showed up (though I have to say I don't care too much where they put their house).

I was a bit undecided about Tia. I wasn't resetting for her (the game was giving me a random villager and I was pretty much "let's see which plots show up") and when I saw her plot I hesitated for a while, but then decided to keep her. She's super sweet and I'm really glad she's in my town! ^_^

By the way, in case you're curious, this is my town map:

2cgj2qf.jpg

The requirements I had were: a blue train station, apples as my native fruit and a river that somewhat split my town into two.

The campsite isn't in the best location, but I was rather "I am still not 100% sure I really want it and since I can't demolish I'll just put it somewhere it won't bother me later" about it, LOL.

A friend of mine spent almost a week map rolling for her perfect map and then found it. If you have your criteria and you already feel like you're likely to reset it after a month if you don't get it then just keep map rolling. Yes, it'll take time, but I think you'd rather do that then not.

keep trying! Trust me, when I was resetting for a town map, I got sick or trying and just picked a town that wasnt horrible. I regretted it so much. I ended up restarting AGAIN. It would have been so much less trouble had I just not given up. Keep going, the satisfaction when you find that perfect map is like no other!

Back