• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I think the game likes to troll me

Cazqui

∀З⊥əʁ
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4001-9803-5434
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
When I'm on the island trying to hunt for sharks everytime I get a shark it bites first then I try to catch it runs away then I walk down the beach theres another shark same thing happens! sometimes even a third time! Does this happen to anyone else or am I just terrible at catching sharks?

Fishing takes a lot of practice and sharks are tough to catch because you have to press A almost immediately after they bite. What I always do is when I'm at the island at night I put my headphones in, and if i see a shark and I get it's attention, I look away from the screen and wait until I hear the ''plop'' noise and press A as soon as I hear it. I find it's a lot easier to just focus on the sound cues instead of also the visual cues because I find that it can catch me off guard a lot. It works great for me and I've been catching sharks without fail now!

Not trolling... more like:

Shark #1- "Hey look a boat's coming! It's Jun! Free bait everybody!!"

Shark #2- "You wait here, I'll move up the island."

Shark #3- "Mhahahaha, Jun's the BEST!!"

Shark #4- "Shhhh... everyone act apprehensive, I think I hear footsteps."

Hehe, I'm kidding, kidding. (=

Others like to look away & just hear for the ploop sound. I like to primarily focus on the lure floating ball because IMO, the sound effect occurs slightly after the ball dips. I'll watch the mouth of the fish & the ball make that contact & upon the dip animation- I pull it in.

You'll get there, Jun! Good Luck!

I never really tried listening I usually could just focus really hard on the ball and press A when it dips to catch them but now I usually suck 5/10.

Yea same here I was catching a lot one day but now I am not. I think it just take time a practice.

I'm pretty freakin' beast at catching sharks. -toots horn-
Try not looking once they start heading to your line, but make sure the volume's up and you can hear well enough. As soon as you hear the "kerplunk", hit A. Watching them is pretty intimidating, and I found relying on sound much more effective.
Good luck.

Yep, listening for the little bite sound is what helps you catch them perfectly almost every single time. The visual cue is even more unreliable since most people start to get antsy when they're fishing for larger/rarer things.

If you're that set on catching 'um but you're not able to have the sound on high for whatever reason, I'd highly recommend picking up some cheap headphones/earbuds just for NL.

Back