• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I want to play at 9:00 pm on March 19th

Dewy

boop boop
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4879-3904-5382
New Horizons Token
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Leif
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Cake
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
So I’m sure this has already been talked about, but I just want to ask: can I play my digital New Horizons copy at 9:00 pm on March 19th since I am in Pacific time?

The email that arrived with my Nintendo Online free trial code (which comes with the digital purchase) said this:
41262543-0779-4AD6-92FB-517FA7F91127.jpg

This is confirmation....right? If I can redeem my code starting at 9pm PST, surely that means that’s when I can start playing....right?

It makes sense that the game would release at midnight on March 20th. Which is 9 pm on the west coast.
Is this wishful thinking on my part or has this already been confirmed?

Last edited:
Yep, it means you'll be able to play at 9p PST on March 19. Conveniently enough, that's when I will also be able to start playing the game.

yeah i’m pretty sure that means you’l be able to play at 9pm on march 19th :>

Do what makes you happy.

No, I was asking if it’s even a possibility. As in “yes” or “no,” regardless of what would make me happy
I just wanted to know what time the download becomes playable

Thank you everyone!! It seems that it is indeed a possibility, so that’s great to hear

Ooh! That sounds exciting for everyone who is getting a digital copy. Maybe hoping for a midnight release for the physical isn't such a long shot after all. Though I am really tempted to get it digitally again.

I'll play when the courier delivers it.
Hopefully on or before march 20th.

I really want to play as soon as it comes out but I don't want to arrive on my Island at night haha

Yeah I was already thinking about setting my clock back a bit when the game starts, maybe mid day on the 19th so that I can start playing at midnight but it will be the middle of the day. Then I can play for a few hours, turn it off, fix the time, and be back on the 20th when I wake up in the morning. I really dont like time traveling, but I might do it just for the first day.

Ooh! That sounds exciting for everyone who is getting a digital copy. Maybe hoping for a midnight release for the physical isn't such a long shot after all. Though I am really tempted to get it digitally again.

Not sure where you're located, but if you have a 24-hour Wal Mart around you, I believe you can pick it up then.

I don't care what time I arrive on the island, I just want to get there!

Pre-ordered mine online and there's always a chance that it may just arrive a day early on the 19th. (Probably not though.)
One perk of living in Australia is that you get most games one day ahead of pretty much everywhere else regardless though.

Not sure where you're located, but if you have a 24-hour Wal Mart around you, I believe you can pick it up then.

I don't care what time I arrive on the island, I just want to get there!

I'm not sure if my Wal-Mart is 24 hour or not. But, I have it pre-ordered at Gamestop. My husband and I are regulars and good friends with the employees there. The second New Horizons was available to pre-order they were all asking my husband if we needed pre-orders for it! :p

I didn't consider early copies getting to the island at night. I really want to have my first experience be during the day, so maybe it would be better (for me) not to be able to get it earlier than the 20th. I'll have plenty of downtime to play the game during slow times of the convention we are going to. The downside is that I'm the main driver in the car and my husband is also getting it. He might end up providing the musical entertainment for some of the trip! ;)

I?m going to have to go at 12 am to my Walmart. I ordered it there but it says estimated to be available on Walmart at 6 pm on the 20th. Since that?s not an option for me, I?ll definitely have to go at 12 am.

I plan to play at 9pm March 19th as long as there isn't any first-day-only things that need to be done during the day like Isabelle's "Advice for living here" in NL.

I *think* I'm getting a digital copy so I plan on playing it as soon as it's available in my timezone. I'm central so probably 11pm for me :c Hopefully my sleep schedule will allow for it!

It definitely sounds like it :)

I wonder how it'll be for Europe! I live in CET time zone, so that would be 6AM for me. So I wonder whether over here they'll make the digital download available sooner. In any case I'll have to wait until our local game shop opens though, I need to pick up my console first as they can only be picked up from the 20th here if the promotional materials are right. Luckily it's a Friday so I'll be able to play all weekend! Still doubting whether I should take a day off though :')

Back