• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I was just wondering....?

I can't find any sales figures from Korea, but it's sold over 2 million copies in Japan.

You know, I can't find sales figures of anything in Korea, so scratch that. I just assumed since South Korea is saturated with dedicated gamers who love all video games, and is a neighbor to Japan, it would be a hotspot for games like this. I bet it's doing well, but I wouldn't know anything number wise. :/ My apologies

Last edited:
(lol'd at the Starcraft comment)

I did a quick search on Naver and couldn't find anything about sale figures other than New Leaf releasing in the same frame as Dead Space 3, Sly Cooper, and Core Online.

I'm doubting New Leaf's popularity in South Korea because handheld consoles and games generally don't sell well over there. However, many articles did mention that the game has sold over a million copies in Japan.

I don't know about college for Starcraft, but the Koreans definitely take it really serious. Pro players are on the level of football players in terms of fame.

Korea really loves games. They posted today that Korea and Japan together has bought over 3 million copies of the game, so I take it it's doing really well in Korea.

Back