• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Idea I had involving all four games

Isabelle_K

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So it's pretty clear that a certain amount of years pass between each Animal Crossing game. Several things in the games show the progression of time (for example, Blathers gains his license to identify fossils between the original and Wild World, Lyle goes from an insurance salesman/scammer to working for the Happy Room Academy in City Folk, and by New Leaf has come to love his job).

What I was thinking of trying was attempting to create (via hacking, as this would be impossible otherwise) the same town in each game, and creating a story to go along with it, explaining why things change over time. For example, I was thinking the homes of three of the four human villagers, as well as the homes 7 of the 15 animal residents could be destroyed by some sort of natural disaster between the original and WW, as an explanation for why the four humans are sharing one house during WW and why the town only has 8 other residents. By the time of City Folk, homes for the human characters will have been rebuilt, as well as two homes for new animal residents. I experimented earlier today with the WW and CF town layouts, and was able to create almost identical layouts. New Leaf will be the most challenging to make match the other three, as the town structures are very different in that game. Will post updates on here if I decide to go ahead with this.

Interesting thoughts. I think the part about the natural disasters would be cool. It would explain more and maybe add a bit of a backstory!

Back