• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

If you had limited electricity...

What would you sacrifice least?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Apple (Fruit)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
What would be the one thing you will use? Basically speaking, if you can sacrifice everything electrical (except for cars or battery-operated gadgets), what will you sacrifice least? You may rely on portable electrical gadgets and outdoor stuff for what you will sacrifice (unless if you want to be more dramatic).

For me, I’ll be fine without lighting. I can use candles or portable lighting objects (like lanterns). Appliances? As long as there’s a local fast food chain nearby. I would also have to rely on laundromats. Electronics? I can do traditional activities. Air conditioning? No way! I’ll be fine if I could have nothing but air conditioning, but I wouldn’t be fine if I had everything but air conditioning.

So basically, air conditioning is what I would sacrifice least.

This is so tough. On one hand, it is HOT here so I need AC, sometimes fans just don't cut it.

But on the other hand, without my gaming systems and phone, I'm bored af.

That is a tough question.

I can definitely do without laundry appliances.
Candles can light a room pretty sufficiently
I love my entertainment but I spend so much time on it
Air conditioning is pretty crucial to my husband, but he would adapt

So that leaves kitchen appliances - without a fridge/freezer, food would go off quicker. Without a microwave or oven/stove, you'd have to make a fire every time you wanted to cook food. I wouldn't want to go without kitchen appliances.

As for other -well I can't think of an other, except maybe cars? I don't like driving and I'd get more fit walking so again Imma stick with kitchen appliances

edit - i just realized I misread the question. Kitchen appliances - yes, important. laundry appliances - no, do not really need or did i? i dont know, im confusing myself

The last to go would be laundry appliances. I like to be clean. You can always wash your clothes the old fashion way with your hands which I do for certain clothes (to protect the fabric) but I still need the dryer when the sun's not out during the monsoon season 😅

- For lighting, I already suffer from random blackouts or power outages when there's heavy rain, candles and torchlights are common in the house.
- For air conditioning, my body is used to the tropics so if it's below 30 degrees celsius, I can sleep just fine. I just need a fan when it gets too hot (can be manual).
- For kitchen appliances, it's not expensive to eat out here.
- For entertainment, I don't need a lot of entertainment, I can read books during the day and work and during the evening, play with my pets and have an early sleep.

hoo boy this is a tough one. on one hand, summer is approaching and i’d literally die without air conditioning but on the other hand, i’d be bored out of my mind without my phone. i think i would sacrifice my phone the least as honestly, i’ll just take cold showers for the rest of my life lmao

I absolutely need air conditioning, and I could honestly do without the rest, so air conditioning for me.

Laundry. I can use gas to heat up water to wash my clothes and bed sheets in and then hang them out to dry.

Air conditioning without a doubt.

A few years ago, we had several planned power outages in our area, and the one thing that was most difficult was the heat. So definitely AC.

I'd have to keep my cleaning appliances. I have to have clean clothes/bedding or I don't feel comfortable.

Lighting would be the easiest to go without for me as I already like low lighting in my house anyways.

For kitchen appliances, I would be fine without a microwave/dishwasher/coffee machine as long as long as I had a gas stove.

Summers would be pretty miserable without air conditioning where I live but in winter would probably be okay without it.

Entertainment wise, I don't need a tv, but I do need access to the internet for my classes. I'd also miss my switch/games. Bumming electricity from the library or hotspots isn't against the rules in this scenario?

But I would have a problem with my animals. I have reptiles/fish and amphibians so I would need to have some way for heating/cooling my tanks, at least part of the year.

I think I could live without electricity quite easily in the right setting. It's actually my dream to live far from civilization in a little cabin near a stream with no electricity or other worldly items. But that's not possible because I have to work.

So to answer the question:

I could go without lighting due to candles and flashlights. Plus, my eyes adapt pretty well to the dark anyway so I'd only need the light for things like reading and writing.

I could do without air conditioning because I'm really cold-natured and like warm/hot weather anyway. On the other side, I would miss having heat in the winter, but my heat is currently gas heat and that works fine. Fires would also be an option. In a worse case scenario, I'd just move further south to avoid having a cold winter.

I don't need kitchen appliances because I don't cook and can just eat out.

I would prefer to have laundry appliances, but I've done without them before when I lived in an apartment. I can use a laundromat.

I don't need electricity for entertainment. Obviously, I use it for entertainment because I have it. I love movies, TV, video games, etc, but if I didn't have it I could focus on a lot of other hobbies like reading, writing, etc.

So, I chose other because the main thing I would want is hot water for showers.

Ok, this isn't that bad (at least for me!) I think I could do quite well with no electricity on certain things. So my answer is the following:

I could do without lighting. Candles, lamps, and flashlights wouldn't be a problem for me to use. I live in a place with blackouts every 6 months or so, so I've grown accustomed to the dark and can do pretty well with just a flashlight!

I could certainly do without air conditioning. I don't really use it anyway. I can stand pretty hot and cold conditions, neither one really bothers me. I can just draw the blinds and not let much sunlight in so that light doesn't cause heat in my room and boom! Problem (sort of) solved.

I would struggle with kitchen appliances, I won't lie. That includes a refrigerator, stove, microwave, and oven right? I think the stove and refrigerator throw me for a loop, because I think it would be really hard for me to get the food I want without electricity. Also I love to cook, and some ingredients you just couldn't keep fresh without a refrigerator.

If there is a laundromat nearby, then sure! I can do without laundry appliances easily.

Entertainment would be tough. I get bored easily, and with my chronic headaches, it makes it tough to look at one thing before your head is racked with pain. I do read and write a lot, so I think I could do without it. Then again, I haven't really experienced not ever having entertainment like movies, electronics, and gaming platforms. I'll find out if I can't take it when the solor flares kick in.

Final answer, locking in: I would sacrifice kitchen appliances the least!

Back