• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I'm ready for anything!

I have a pink rhino with the name おさい

Isn't Patty a cow?

this is your pink rhino?
NewRhino.jpg

this is the one Zen is talking about;
Villager%206.png

Japanese name for this rhino is Patty

The cow is called Patty in the english version. In the Japanese version the cow 'patty' is called Karupi

Ok. You know how you get the fish series from the fishing tourney?

You get the bug series from the bug catching competition. I've never seen the bug series so could you post a scan of that, please?

are there more building styles for your house? or can you show me all building styles, please?

Hey Zen,

What are your opinions on the guides published by Enterbrain, Ascii Media Works and Shogakukan? I'm currently leaning towards Shogakukan's because I think it's the official one with Nintendo? I'm thinking getting the Feb edition of Famitsu DS+Wii & the complete catalogue one but I'm wondering what else to buy. I would get more but I'm not in Japan atm so shipping is a bit expensive.

Thanks for the info you've shared so far.

Also I was wondering if there is any info on the black pitfall you have?
Do they do anything different?

1-How many rooms can I have per level?
2-Can I delete any character that I made?

you have four rooms on the first floor, then 1 on the top floor, and one on the basement

and i'm pretty sure you can delete any character but the mayor

I am sorry, I'm in a hurry so I have no time to skip through all these pages, but if these questions came up before, please just ignore me!

Is it possible to change the style of your train station or is it something that changes from town to town?

And do you have scans of the fish/ insect-guides? It would be amazing to see all of them! I waited for such scans a long while now!

Thank you for sharing!

I am sorry, I'm in a hurry so I have no time to skip through all these pages, but if these questions came up before, please just ignore me!

Is it possible to change the style of your train station or is it something that changes from town to town?

And do you have scans of the fish/ insect-guides? It would be amazing to see all of them! I waited for such scans a long while now!

Thank you for sharing!

I'll answer the train station one.

pretty much go here and look under Facilities for Train Station Appearance: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...ity-Projects&p=1280219&viewfull=1#post1280219

There are 4 default ones (red, yellow, green and blue) then after you have a total of 100 people visit your town (can be the same person) you can chose a Japanese style, faity tale, or modern themed train station, it costs 498,000 bells to change

I'll answer the train station one.

pretty much go here and look under Facilities for Train Station Appearance: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...ity-Projects&p=1280219&viewfull=1#post1280219

There are 4 default ones (red, yellow, green and blue) then after you have a total of 100 people visit your town (can be the same person) you can chose a Japanese style, faity tale, or modern themed train station, it costs 498,000 bells to change

Thank you! Wow, 100 sounds like alot, but if it can be the same one... I just force someone to go home an revisit me 100 times. :D The fairy tale style is awesome!

I do love it when I see more questions :) Let's get to the answering! :)

Ok. You know how you get the fish series from the fishing tourney?

You get the bug series from the bug catching competition. I've never seen the bug series so could you post a scan of that, please?

Yes! The fish series is obtained by giving the coordinator (it's a beaver or some kind of otter) what he is asking for and beating your current record. :) He will give you one for every single submission and yes, you can have multiples. HOWEVER, he has 2 item pools he will pull from that month and he randomly chooses between pool A or B of items, so you will never get the entire set in one month.

Bug set? You got it ;)

8owY5.jpg

are there more building styles for your house? or can you show me all building styles, please?

Nope. There are 4 large modifications. Unless you mean the different colors and doors. There's too many of those and I will not post them.

Hey Zen,

What are your opinions on the guides published by Enterbrain, Ascii Media Works and Shogakukan? I'm currently leaning towards Shogakukan's because I think it's the official one with Nintendo? I'm thinking getting the Feb edition of Famitsu DS+Wii & the complete catalogue one but I'm wondering what else to buy. I would get more but I'm not in Japan atm so shipping is a bit expensive.

Thanks for the info you've shared so far.

If you are planning to get a guide or two, grab the Enterbrain Guide (it's the most comprehensive and useful in terms of order) and the Ds/Wii Famitsu for Feb (it has detailed snowman guides and a nice checklist and sticker set). If you can afford it, grab the Shogakugan guide as it has the best pics of the sets (it's where I got the scan above for the bug set).

If you can only get one, get the enterbrain guide. You won't regret it ;)

Also I was wondering if there is any info on the black pitfall you have?
Do they do anything different?

Smaller cross is all that it does. :/

- 1 top floor, 1 basement, 1 back room, 1 left and 1 right room, 1 main. finished.

- yes, but you can't delete the mayor without destroying the town.

Thank you for sharing!

- yes. you need to have your town visited 100 times and then talk to porter/train monkey and he will mention new designs for the station. they cost 500k a piece.

- scans of the guides? nope. the fish/bug info has been on the wikis for weeks now and they are much more useful given their immediacy. :)

Are there any customization options for the Piggy Bank besides using the emerald ore?

I read on the wiki that there is a Scruffy Series. I don't think I have seen any items from it, can you show a scan? I can't decide if I think it sounds cute or hideous xD

Does Katrina eventually give items when she moves into the shopping district or does she stay the same?

I'm also planning to get the guidebooks but I was wondering if the item catalog (the one on the far right in your photo) is worth getting? Or is there an item catalog section in the other guide books you purchased..?

Also, what's the difference between the Item catalog (the one on the far right in your photo) and the one that comes with the Famitsu magazine?

Last edited:
If you change your train station or town hall to one of the three different ones, can you change it back again at a later date?
ETA: That bug furniture is awesome!

Last edited:
Back