• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Importing Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori

kageoni

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
As the title states, I'm considering importing the Japanese version of New Leaf for numerous reasons. Although, I have some questions that I'm unsure of. Would I be able to trade between my American and Japanese versions if I do get it? Also, if I traded a non-region specific item from Mori to New Leaf, would the item name still be in Japanese or would it be in English? Thank you for the help.

Yes, you can still trade between them, if you have 2 systems. Also, I'm pretty sure the name changes from Japanese to English once traded.

Do you also have a japanese 3ds? Since the games are region locked.
You are able to trade for items and the item's name will translate to English. You'll be able to get some region dlc but I think some are specific at locations, like entering a Japanese 7-11.

Name changes from Japanese to English, yes

Make sure you also have a Japanese 3DS, and know that the Japanese 3DS only plays JP games

Cool! Thanks for the answers, everyone. I don't have a Japanese 3ds but I plan to order one off of Amazon. I'm thinking of ordering a guide when I get the game. Would the Japanese Perfect Guidebook or the Catalog Guidebook be a better choice?

Japanese Perfect Guidebook is better I think

Back