• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

incline to secret beach?

4uD3ar

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Hi everyone! So I'm at the stage of customizing my island and I was hoping to build an incline down to my Reed Beach. However trying to even put ladders on the lowest surface fails to work, let alone being able to use the cliff construction. Is there any way to make a layer there or am I unable to? Still new to island constructions and happy to hear tips and tricks! :)

tumblr_577ab9fbc8f1b6d85618be128b46ffdc_29caad03_1280.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't think there's enough room for an incline, no matter what you do here. I'm not sure what I could recommend as an alternative.

You will have to destroy like 7 to 8 squares of cliff to make an incline that will allow you to go to the secret island.
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately, I don't think there's enough room for an incline, no matter what you do here. I'm not sure what I could recommend as an alternative.
Cliff Ladder setup kits are a good alternative.

There's no room because of the rocks and sand there. You'll need to open some more grassland there at the bottom.
1682710655524.png

If you want to save room, you should be able to add a ramp facing west or east.

You wont be able too, you cant build anything on the rocks. Its seprete from your main island, so your unable to make stuff on rocks.

Make a ramp going into the cliff, and maybe add some sad so it looks beachy at the bottom

You'll have to build the incline on the actual land like the others have stated. NH and AC have always had what I feel like is unnecessary spaces between stuff. So you'll have to terraform a bit away from the rocks. Probably 1 or more tiles. You could also try a ladder set up kit instead or the warp pipe. It's not ideal no, but if you don't have the room/can't take away from what you might have built nearby, it's better than nothing.

I was able to make an incline to my secret beach but like others have said you will need to make a lot of room on the grass area as you can't build on the rocks.

I have a waterfall on either side of my incline which is on the grass you walk a bit then you come to the rocks before the beach.

Like others have said, it won’t fit on the rocks. You’ll have to terraform and take out a bit of the cliff by the rocks and fit an incline there. The incline can fit either way, but I personally find it looks better facing either east or west.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Did researching on terraforming, found an area to dig through and found how I'd like my incline to go.
:sneaky:(y)

Excellent! Hope it works out for you! If not, a vine is a cute alternate that I've done for mine.

Back